For those of you with progress pics...

Options
RonneyKay
RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
How often would you recommend taking a photo?

once a month? after so many pounds? or what? I want to keep track of my progress, and trying to figure out the most motivating way to take photos.

Also, for those of you who have lost alot of weight... what kinds of things kept you motivated?

Thanks!
Ronney

Replies

• eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I was doing every 10lbs but now I do every 20lbs. The change is dramatic with 20lbs
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I tend to take photos a lot. I just label them with the current weight so I can compare later. I would suggest either every 10 lbs if you have a lot to loss or once a month. If you plan on doing a 30ds or something similar take them at the start and end.

Looking back at old photos really helps me when my motivation is waning. I love looking at others on the success forum. I also think about why I'm doing this. Improved health, activities I miss doing, supporting my husband in his goals, etc.

Keep track of little things. I was getting frustrated that my stamina wasn't increasing but when I sat and thought about it I realized I had improved. Keep a journal or blog with the little things. For me things I recall: less medication for acid reflux, walking longer, being able to carry all my gear, being able to lift my oxygen tank into carts, etc. It's easy to forget how we have changed and remembering really helps with the motivation.
  • RedHeadChick
    RedHeadChick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did mine every few weeks. It really helps to get an idea of how your body is losing. Sometimes when you weigh in or measure yourself, you just can't see the visual results you wanted. But that is where the photos come in to play. You can go back over time and see that you are losing and doing a good job. It is a huge moral booster!
  • hmmckim1128
    Options
    I take pics every 2 weeks (the same days I measure) and I label them with the date and weight. I've started a PowerPoine that shows my progress and I add to it each time.
  • isherryb
    isherryb Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I plan on taking a progress pic when I reach 20 lbs lost which I hope won't be too much longer!
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have done every 15lbs - depends how much you have to lose - photos are great to really see the changes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!