Trying to Love my Body Again

Options
Hello my name is Ashley. I weigh 200 pounds and I am 5'2. i have been struggling with my weight especially since I used to be a cheerleader was was wayyyyy smaller. I am looking to be more consistent in my diet and exercise but need a lot of motivation. Anyone want to be friends??

Replies

• wenrenee77
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

I'm Wendy! We're the same height and I'm just a couple of pounds lighter than you. My body has been wrecked. I used to be slim and fit ... but that was more than 10 years ago. I have found that counting calories, even though it is a bit tedious, is really helpful to me! I've lost 4 pounds since joining MFP and tomorrow is my weigh in day so I'm hoping to report another loss. :)

My ultimate goal is to be under 140 but for right now I'm focusing on reaching 190 by Christmas. I joined a Group here called Sexier By Christmas. I loved the name and had to join for some extra motivation.

Be sure that you drink a lot of water and get some activity in on most days of the week!

-Wendy :)
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Well you've definitely come to the right place Ashley. We're all about taking control of our lives and making smart decisions. Though many of us have different methods that we are using to lose that weight, I feel confident in saying that I'm sure you'll find a group that fits just your style. Feel free to friend me if you need some support.
  • Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    add me, my highest was 220 pregnant, and Im now 170 and trying to get to 145
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome and feel free to add me :) I used to be 228 and got down to 145. I have since gained 17 pounds and absolutely can't stand the sight of myself in the mirror! It has been extremely difficult to get motivated again as I was before. My appetite is HUGE and my energy is very low. I keep logging on MFP to try to get motivated and when I do it works! But for some reason I fall back to my old ways...ugh...anyway, MFP is a wonderful place to go to for support :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place. :) This site has AMAZING people, support, and help, and you will definitely enjoy it!
  • ashleyreid06
    ashleyreid06 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, I can already see the motivation that I need can be found on here, now I have to make sure I login everyday ;^)