DO YOU DRINK MONSTER?

Options
I have at least one everyday before a workout or if I'm gunna be out with friends. I hate how many calories are in them so i buy Absolutely Zero, or the Low Carb which has only 20 cals a can i think. Sometimes i'll buy a sugar-free Redbull, and I absolutely LOVE pink Rockstars. I cant really workout without it anymore and I'm worried about how thats effecting my body. I try to get more sleep and I eat really healthy, but I'm just so out of energy by the time it comes to going to the gym.

Does anyone else drink these? And are they as bad as i'm thinking they are?? They're so loaded with chemicals and stimulants, it can't be good to down one or two a day!! Even though i need the energy!! I've never tried 5 hour energy and I just started drinking coffee in the AM, but it makes me a little light headed by the afternoon. Anyone else have this problem??

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Used to, not anymore.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Used to drink the coffee ones. Is that monster or a different brand?
  • MGleason2010
    MGleason2010 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    They are HORRIBLE for you. But with that said...i've been drinking 1 per day for almost 2 years now and i'm working to give them up! I am drinking only about 1-2 per week now. :) I just started weaning myself off them.

I'd recommend giving them up if you can :) Good Luck.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
  • AshleyWebster
    Options
    I'm addicted to sugar free redbull...works better for me and tastes better.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I drink a lo-carb monster every morning.
  • SimpleStepsHealthCoach
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

They are absolutely bad for you. I used to drink them all the time and it definitely affected not only my performance at work, but also my personality. It's over a year since I quit my addiction and I don't ever plan to go back.

With that said, if you need an energy kick, check this out: http://www.steaz.com/energy-berry/

Hope this helps,
    y.
  • lifeismoto
    Options
    Monster sponsors me in my motocross...but...here is the kicker...I will not drink them...when I am handed one to drink after a race in front of the cameras....it is filled with water not the drink ;) but do not tell anyone...I am suppose to say how awesome the drink is and how I cant win races without it ;)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I love lo-carb Monster, the only reason I don't drink them is because I can't afford to. :frown: Though it seems that I'm wired a bit weird since they don't give me energy at all, they make me feel relaxed and calm. I can drink them and then go to sleep...
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I drink the 5 hour energy. They have 4 calories, no sugar no anything but VITAMINS..... They say that it is equal to one cup of coffee, but I drink coffee and drink 5 hour energy... I will take my 5 hour energy over a cup of coffee any day. Look at the back of the 5 hour energy and you will see the vitamins in it. I use to drink the green monsters but the sugars and the crash broke me of them shortly after starting them. Grab a 5 hour energy and clean your house.... you will be amazed at the energy you have! :wink:
  • magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have friends who drink them all day long. I don't know how they keep from having panic attacks from all that stimulant.

If you read the blogs regarding them and the chemical breakdown from both sides(pro-product vs. anti-product), they don't seem that bad if you're only drinking 1 a day. Some people are terrified to drink diet coke but there have been no studies (at least no scientific studies) that I have seen showing that 1 per day is bad for you. I think over indulgence in most things is detrimental but it doesn't sound like you are doing that.

I suppose we should all eat only clean, organic, unprocessed food that is plant based and drink only clean spring water but that is not a "real" thing for most of us. Kudos to those who have made that decision however.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    There was a point earlier this year when, within an 8 hr period I drank; an Absolutely Zero Monster, Monster Nitrous, two 5-Hour Energies, a cup of coffee and a can of coke. Now I haven't had and energy drink in months.
    Now, Coffee or tea is the most I will drink.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I drink the tea/lemonade one. It is VERY low in calories and tastes great!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've had Rock Star and Amp before races, but not for regular workouts.

They give me energy legs! And now I have 400 babies!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5176/powerthirst-from-picnicface (NSFW: one f-bomb in the video)
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I would advise against drinking them. Have you tried a quality B complex vitamin and CoQ10? I have found those to help increase my energy levels.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    My ears were burning!

Yes, i do drink thank you!

OT, i tried it, liked it, but the cost just wasn't worth it!
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I occasionally drink a Rockstar Recovery. I like it because it's only 20 cals and isn't carbonated. Definitely not an everyday thing, though.
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Love it. I drink a can of Monster Absolutely Zero 3-4 times a week, I prefer cold drinks in the morning in general, so I pick this over hot ones like coffee or tea. I actually like Sobe NoFear (the sugar-free one), but I can't find it anymore =(
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I drank monster every day for 3 months. Something 'went wrong' with my digestive system. It's almost 3 years later and I'm not back to normal yet.

I've had one here and there since then, but it ruins me for two days. (can't eat anything without getting really sick.)