Don't know where to post is.

Options
I had dinner at my friends last night. I went over my cals for by like 600 I feel so bad.

Replies

• Pattigirl1983
    Options
    I had dinner at my friends last night. I went over my cals for by like 600 I feel so bad.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Two things:

1. Get over it. :) OK... that's insensitive, but I am a guy. HA HA!! Seriously though, don't let it get you down too much. We're all learning and trying to get better, that's the important thing. As long as you get back on track right away, you'll be just fine.

2. In reality, 600 calories isn't going to break the momentum you've got going. If you get back on track, you might see the scale move a tad bit less this week, but so what. It is the long-term benefits right? Live and love a really long time -- that's what it is all about, right?
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I agree with Tweber. This is not a diet you're on. It's a healthy way of life. Now we all know in life sh-t happens. It's how you deal with the sh-t that determines who you are. 600 calories is not going to stall you or make you gain. Go burn as many calories as you can as soon as you can. Think of this as a learning experience. :flowerforyou: Cindy :heart:
  • ammattin308
    Options
    Don't let it get you down. I went over mine today by like 1,000 calories!!!!!! We had Ice cream cake for my birthday and pizza at work to celebrate a huge victory for our company. I know I did awfull and that makes me want to try even more. Obviously I do not want to do this all the time, it usually happens at least once a week which does not help, but again it motivates me. Keep up the hard work, you'll get there.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    yes, just ask Dave, tomorrow is another day.......LOL

I'm joking, but honestly, 600 calories is a bit of a splurge, but it is still only 1/5 of a lb or so-

have a hard workout (or two) extra this week, and learn from your feelings of guilt what to avoid in the future.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I'm joking, but honestly, 600 calories is a bit of a splurge, but it is still only 1/5 of a lb or so-

have a hard workout (or two) extra this week, and learn from your feelings of guilt what to avoid in the future.

You trying to get this thread shut down??? :laugh: :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    MOO-HOOO-HOOO-HAHAHAHA:devil:

that's me- the threadlocker:laugh: :smokin:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Hey 600 calories isn't really a biggy - honest.
    Start worrying when you have over 1,000 calories extra per day for a while, now that's something to feel bad about.
    One 'bad' day will not ruin your life or your committment to a new healthier you.
    Remember, it took time to put the weight on, it'll take time to come back off, and if we never allow ourselves to indulge every now and then, we'd all be miserable - and NONE of us want that now do we :noway:

Jackie :flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    we all do it, i did 60 mins on my elliptical today as i ate some left over easter egg chocolate! :blushing:

get back to your healthy lifestyle asap, and get moving, turn on the radio, do a little dancing! :bigsmile:

you CAN do it! :heart:
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options

She hasn't said the "O" word yet. I'm still waiting to find out what that is! :wink: :laugh: :wink:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

She hasn't said the "O" word yet. I'm still waiting to find out what that is! :wink: :laugh: :wink:

Me too! Inquiring minds want to know :wink:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

There is nothing that feeling bad is going to do for you. You went over, it happens, it's what you do NOW that makes the difference. You need to get back on track today, right this minute and make up for those calories.

Feeling bad or guilty isn't going to fix the problem, only you can do that. That is the next baby step in this "journey" or lifestyle change you have to make...learning to pick up and get going again :drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

it is like spilling a glass of milk

wipe it up and poor a new glass

nothing to be gained by feeling bad

keep moving forward :smile:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Think of it this way you have to eat 3500 cals MORE than what you do everyday to gain 1 pound......Just food for thought:drinker:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options

Wow Dave you learning to be nice instead of frank?!?!?!:wink::laugh: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Wow Dave you learning to be nice instead of frank?!?!?!:wink::laugh: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I am just misunderstood :wink:

and I never met Frank,,,,friend of yours? :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Dave is a swell fella- it's just that some folks need pampering with kid gloves, and he is more..... straightforward.

LOL

you guys have not figured out the O word? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :devil:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    and I have not met Frank either....:glasses:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Get in a workout before bed. You can burn off half tonight and half tomorrow night and it's like it never happened, hehe.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Get in a workout before bed. You can burn off half tonight and half tomorrow night and it's like it never happened, hehe.
    OMG OMG

great advice:flowerforyou: