Polar FT4 - chest strap sold seperately?

Options
Hi guys - I can't seem to find the answer to this online, but I'm sure some of you can help!

I bought a Polar FT4 HRM off of eBay. It came with the watch and the little WearLink transmitter that clips to the chest stap, but there was no chest strap included. I was under the impression it would be included, and the package appears to have been opened so I thought maybe it had been taken out.

However before I get mad at the eBay seller - do you have to buy the strap seperately?

Replies

• JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My FT7 came with it's strap in an unopened box.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    you CAN buy them separately, but it should have come with one
  • lijparsons
    Options
    Sorry....it comes with it. Although you can buy replacements online.

http://www.trinowfitness.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=34
  • Its_ali_bella
    Its_ali_bella Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi guys - I can't seem to find the answer to this online, but I'm sure some of you can help!

I bought a Polar FT4 HRM off of eBay. It came with the watch and the little WearLink transmitter that clips to the chest stap, but there was no chest strap included. I was under the impression it would be included, and the package appears to have been opened so I thought maybe it had been taken out.

However before I get mad at the eBay seller - do you have to buy the strap seperately?

I bought mine here: http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/

I paid $116 including shipping, and I used the promo code POLAR. I purchased the FT40 and it came with a chest strap. I love it.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I've yet to see Polar sell a HRM without the strap itself. My guess is the seller took it out.
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    my FT4 came with the strap, you should file a complaint. Look at the Polar website, they all include the strap.

Sorry
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Should have come with it:

Copy and paste this link in your browser for pic:

• Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Gah that sucks. Thanks for letting me know. The seller has a very good feedback rating on eBay, so hopefully he'll be reasonable and reimburse me some. I see you can buy straps on Amazon.
  • nukehiker
    Options
    yes you can buy the strap separately, in fact i bought one from amazon for about $20. my mutt chewed the first one up. here is a link for you.

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-WearLink-Replacement-Strap-Medium-XX-Large/dp/B000F7F64I/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320974920&sr=8-1-fkmr0
  • coffeemom55
    coffeemom55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just bought an FT7 from the company and it came with the transmitter AND the chest strap. Whoever sold it to you on eBay either forgot to include the strap or screwed you over. :ohwell:
  • felicityksr
    Options
    Try contacting the seller and letting him know you did not receive the chest strap. He could have inadvertently left it out and knows where it is. Good luck!
  • Devonanne
    Options
    The replacement straps are $30 on Amazon.ca. So disappointing..was so excited to finally get it and use it! :(
  • Devonanne
    Options
    Try contacting the seller and letting him know you did not receive the chest strap. He could have inadvertently left it out and knows where it is. Good luck!

Yes I wrote him a nice polite email. Will give him the benefit of the doubt until I hear what he has to say!
  • felicityksr
    Options

Yes I wrote him a nice polite email. Will give him the benefit of the doubt until I hear what he has to say!

Great! Hopefully, he just forgot to include it. I can see how that would happen.
  • Devonanne
    Options
    Well I found out that the seller gets his HRM's at wholesale from a warehouse, and sometimes the packages are opened. He mailed a bunch of them out to buyers and afterwards found an extra stap and didn't know which package it fell out of. So he is mailing it to me, yay! Feels like I have waited years to get this HRM though haha
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    glad it was a simple mistake and its being fixed :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    good to hear it ended well. I own a Polar FT40 for over a year now and it's a great little thing to have.