Taking the cheese off of pizza?

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What's the point in eating pizza if there is no cheese?

Amen!! Pizza is not pizza without the cheese! Thats the best part!!

Even if the cheese was "kinda gross" (as the OP stated)?? I would never prepare a pizza without cheese but I sure would peel it off if it was gross.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    most of the fat from the cheese would have sunk into the pizza during the cooking process, so all youd be removing is the protein
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Just log the pizza!!!....any "loss of calories" made by peeling off some cheese isn't worth logging, consider it a bonus.
    If you leave the last bite of a sandwich on the plate do you subtract 1/20th of the sandwich from your diary?

Yes, I do.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    First we would need to answer the question, "does cheese have calories?". The answer is - I don't know. I'm not a scientist.

^LOL
  • j4zzy
    j4zzy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't get me wrong. I LOVE cheese pizza. It's just that there was waaaaay too much grease on the piece I had. And I didn't make it myself. It was at a party.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion but I probably wouldn't have eaten it at all... pizza crust with just some sauce sounds kind of gross, way different from if you had ordered your pizza without cheese and still had topping on it. I would avoid unless starving.
  • Kelseyyyy22
    Kelseyyyy22 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I work at a pizza restaurant. For a large 12-slice cheese pizza we have 1 cup tomato sauce and 11oz cheese and one slice has 230 cals. If that helps!
  • insidelane
    insidelane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can order pizza without the cheese, or order half/quarter cheese when you ring them up. Either that or make your own pizza; tastes a million times better.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you really must save on calories, order thin crust - still has all the cheesy goodness on top for much less cals
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    do you think if I took the cheese off the pizza it would make a difference calorie wise? How much of a difference?
    I was eating pizza and the cheese was kinda gross so I just took it off but I don't know how much to count it as now. Anybody got a guess?

I'm sure it would help, but like others said, it's really the crust that kills you on calories.

I've discovered after I started making my own healthy pizza crust that I can make the exact same kind of pizza that I would normally get somewhere else, and to have the same amount of calories as usual, I would have to eat 2-3 more slices of my own pizza. The cheese would be whole fat with sugary sauce, etc...so I figure that it had to be the crust. Of course, now that I know that, I make my own pizza crust with sugar free tomato sauce and spices, reduced fat cheese, etc. and it's no longer a cheat meal. It fits right in to my diary with no issues or worries.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    LOL

If it was gross, then it was probably very low in calories. It was probably Low fat crappy cheese. You probably didn't take that many calories off. j/k.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    "actually most of the calories come from the bread and an OVERLOAD of cheese."
    +1