Any beginners interested in a daily pushup & crunch group?

ladyofivy
ladyofivy Posts: 648
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I have decided as of the end of last week that I'm going to alternate every day doing pushups and crunches. So one day I'll do as many pushups as I can, the next day I'll do as many crunches as I can.

I thought it would be fun to do this with others. Not in a challenging way, just in a challenge yourself way, and encourage one another.

To be honest, I'm not ready to go into the weight room yet... but pushups and crunches are something I can do at home every day and see how many I can do as a personal challenge each day.

Anyone else interested?

BTW, I do modified pushups. :smile: You can do whichever way you're happy with. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ladyofivy
    I have decided as of the end of last week that I'm going to alternate every day doing pushups and crunches. So one day I'll do as many pushups as I can, the next day I'll do as many crunches as I can.

I thought it would be fun to do this with others. Not in a challenging way, just in a challenge yourself way, and encourage one another.

To be honest, I'm not ready to go into the weight room yet... but pushups and crunches are something I can do at home every day and see how many I can do as a personal challenge each day.

Anyone else interested?

BTW, I do modified pushups. :smile: You can do whichever way you're happy with. :flowerforyou:
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    I would love to do it! Is there a daily goal? weekly goal? do we weigh in?? Looking foward to this challenge!
  • hlampo
    hlampo Posts: 2
    I'm game! Just joined today. Whendo we start and how do we keep up w/ eachother?
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    That sounds like a great idea. I haven't been hitting the weights like I should and this would help.
  • ladyofivy
    We could work out the details of weekly goals... even "beginners" will be at different levels. Hmm let's work that out now. I'm open for suggestions. :smile:
  • ladyofivy
    Initially, my idea was to do our own personal bests each day and post them, and at the end of the week I would add up how many pushups and crunches we all did at the start of the week, and how many we all did by the end. That way we're not so much competing, and more just competing against ourselves for our personal best. :smile:
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    hey try hundredpushups.com it gives you a daily goal 3 times a week and by the end youll be able to do 100 pushups i think there is a website for situps too :smile:
  • ladyofivy
    hey try hundredpushups.com it gives you a daily goal 3 times a week and by the end youll be able to do 100 pushups i think there is a website for situps too :smile:

Yeah, I was looking for something more for beginners so that we can all just do our personal bests, but that might be a helpful tool for some who want to push themselves really hard. :smile: Thanks for the info!
  • Im down! And definetly a beginner!

How about we pick a start date and start with either push ups or crunches.

For example I'll start with crunches. I will do as many crunches (with correct form) as possible. Say I did 20 and then record it. On the second day I'll try push ups and record how many. The third day is time for crunches again and this time I will do AT LEAST 20 crunches and add AT LEASTone more.

I guess we could add on as many as we want each day..just remember you have to top that the next time!

I could prob commit to checking in once a week???
  • ladyofivy
    Im down! And definetly a beginner!

For example I'll start with crunches. I will do as many crunches (with correct form) as possible. Say I did 20 and then record it. On the second day I'll try push ups and record how many. The third day is time for crunches again and this time I will do AT LEAST 20 crunches and add AT LEASTone more.

I guess we could add on as many as we want each day..just remember you have to top that the next time!

That sounds good to me. :smile:
  • nzfoxy
    nzfoxy Posts: 29
    Do you mean basic crunches? By that I mean just shoulders off the ground?
  • ladyofivy
    Do you mean basic crunches? By that I mean just shoulders off the ground?

I guess whatever is comfortable for you, since you're only competing against yourself. :smile:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    I like the idea of each setting a goal and then posting our personal bests for the week.
  • Im down! And definetly a beginner!

That sounds good to me. :smile:

Cool! Can't wait!

Anyone else????

I'm gonna start tomorow. I haven't done crunches in a while so I don't have a specific goal yet. Guess I'll be checking in on next Thursday :smile:

Good Luck everyone!!!
  • ladyofivy
    Cool! So we have:

Ladyofivy
    Buffjess
    HLampo
    HartKid13
    Taveragirl

... and maybe NXFoxy? Not sure if you're a yes or a maybe. :smile:

I'll start tomorrow, and tomorrow I'm doing pushups.

I'll start a new thread for everyone who signs up--signups are still open! :smile:
  • count me in to start tomorrow:tongue:
  • ladyofivy
    Cool! So we have:

Ladyofivy
    Buffjess
    HLampo
    HartKid13
    Taveragirl
    PrayerfulMom

... and maybe NXFoxy? Not sure if you're a yes or a maybe. :smile:

I'll start tomorrow, and tomorrow I'm doing pushups.

I'll start a new thread for everyone who signs up--signups are still open! :smile:

You're added! :smile:
  • hlampo
    hlampo Posts: 2
    This sounds great! Will start tomorrow with pushups!

Thanks for the suggestion Ladyofivy!:happy:
  • levans
    levans Posts: 15
    Count me in!
  • ladyofivy
    Glad to have you, HLampo! Welcome aboard, levans! :smile:

Ladyofivy
    Buffjess
    HLampo
    HartKid13
    Taveragirl