Zumba?

Options
What kind of dancing would u consider Zumba to be in the exercise portion....belly dancing/cardio/salsa/aerobic? i want my exercise caloires for the day :)

Replies

• Skeith5
    Skeith5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor with calorie counter. It'll be the only way you'll get accurate calorie count. I've heard anywhere between 600 and 1000.

Scott
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Aerobics :)
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Go to zumba calories.com and you can figure it out that way and then add new exercise.
  • DestinationFitnessChick
    Options
    I teach Zumba and I always use High Impact Aerboics. I have a Body Bugg and my calories are accurate with MFP's count for HIA
  • mjmcdon
    Options
    Create your own exercise, obviously titled Zumba. Go to zumbacalories.com to see how many you lost. Just follow the calorie calculator and you'll see. :)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I usually list mine under jazzercise or aerobics, general.
  • loopie2534
    Options
    Thanks! zumbacalories.com worked great, but it seems like I got a high number.....oh well Zumba is a blast!!
  • WendyKing1974
    WendyKing1974 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I always count mine as "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist"
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    If the number seems too high only eat back half of the calories....
  • WendyKing1974
    WendyKing1974 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow! According to zumbacalories.com, I'm burning ~972 calories. Using MFP's "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" I get ~687 calories. Wonder which is more accurate?

ETA: I've been at a standstill for almost a month despite increasing my zumba to 3 times a week (instead of once). Wondering if it's because I'm not eating enough?