Stimulants before/suring runs go or no go?

Options
Should I or no? I do run faster/longer with coffee but what happens when I'm not taking a.y kind of stimulus? Will I just crash and die? Any experiences?

Replies

• richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i think its just psychological mate...except you are taking concentrated doses of caffeine its not making enough of a diffference to count. so eat well fuel your body with healthy complex carbs etc and you will run efficiently and train your body to use its own resources..

goodluck mate

Cheers
    Richard
  • Commander6666
    Commander6666 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I could not work out without some sort of stimulant. Heart beats faster with milder excercise. Been doin it for years and still ticking. Just dont go over 180BPM
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    assuming you have no medical conditions and you're not using excessive amounts of stims, than i see no issues with it
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    The issue I see is becoming dependent/tolerant of them to the point you can't workout without them.... and if you've used Stims you know about the crashes once you get off them... sleeping an entire day and no energy... and eventually no exercise and weight gain.....
    assuming you have no medical conditions and you're not using excessive amounts of stims, than i see no issues with it
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Lots of gels and gu have caffeine in them. Lots of people drink coffee before they run. A little bit of it won't hurt.