Multivitamin?

Options
Hi guys,

I am looking for a good multivitamin to take in aiding my weightloss. I am anemic so I'm supposed to take iron supplements but I tend to get an upset stomach with them. Any tips for good vitamins that help weightloss and don't upset tummies! I'm open to taking more than one. Thanks!

Replies

• foodeeee
    foodeeee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like the Women's One A Day.
  • denraya
    Options
    I am having this issue as well, the multivitamin I am taking is not agreeing with me but I need it because of the iron and other things. I have been told to take prenatal vitamins and they will help with everything I need even though I'm not pregnant.
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    I take one a day woman, but try taking the vitamin with a meal. My stomach gets upset if I take it on an empty stomach. I mean eat a full meal like lunch or dinner, not a snack. And drink lots of water with it.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    I take the gummy vitamins but they don't have iron. I want a multi with iron as well, but they are so big and hard to swallow :( Haha, I know, that's what she said.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I take OneSource Womens multi and they dont bother my stomach a bit...but a friend told me that chewable ones are less apt to wreck havoc on your tunny.
  • LRH64
    LRH64 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with iron. Try ferrous gluconate; its gentler on the stomach than ferrous sulfate
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I take a good prenatal morning and right before bed. Take just the one right before bed for a week or two then add the am with breakfast. It's much easier.

Prenatal is just for the extra iron:)
  • mccrockl
    mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I used to get super sick feeling with one-a-days. I started taking chewables and it definitely helped, but then I decided to try another brand of adult multis and the new ones work just fine. Maybe try out some different options?
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The levels of iron in multivitamins (at least all that I've looked at) don't have nearly enough Iron in them to help anyone with an iron deficiency. I don't know if you have it where you are, but both myself and a good friend have been recommended by our (different) doctors to take Ferrograd 'C'. It combines iron with vitamin C which helps your body absorb the iron.
  • AHolly86
    Options
    I take one a day woman, but try taking the vitamin with a meal. My stomach gets upset if I take it on an empty stomach. I mean eat a full meal like lunch or dinner, not a snack. And drink lots of water with it.

I take Women's One-a-Day too. They did a study a while back ago that showed it is one of very few multi-vitamin brands that actually supply everything the label says it has. However, I get sick as well unless I eat a fairly decent meal with it. A bowl of cereal doesn't cut it for me. I have to take mine with a bigger meal, such as lunch.

I am anemic as well, so my doctor has me taking a prescription iron pill along with my multi-vitamin.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I take the gummy vitamins but they don't have iron. I want a multi with iron as well, but they are so big and hard to swallow :( Haha, I know, that's what she said.

$1 pill cutter. :laugh: