Emotional eating milestone

Options
Got in huge argument with someone and didn't run to food out of anger :) I actually didn't eat at all for 4 hours after... normally I would have gotten something to make me forget but it seems I no longer need to :)

Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Good job.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    That is excellent :)
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    good job!! this is difficult for me too! i wanted to emotionally eat tonight BUT instead i took a shower and studied!

way to go! just think.. one milestone after the other and you'll tackle that emotional eating :D haha (i have yet to do that but it is a process!!)
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    impressive!
  • Carri1
    Carri1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's a HUGE NSV!! Great Job!
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Bravo! I've eaten my feelings more times than I care to count and am still fighting that demon. So proud of you!:drinker:
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    great NSV story!! great job too, it's hardd to do!! :)
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I totally understand emotional eating or eating just out of plain boredom. It is hard to stop once you start. So way to go that is a huge milestone!!!
  • rafor
    rafor Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same issue. Now I just want to run it off. If I'm pissed, I run. If I'm sad, I run (and maybe cry if it's serious). If I'm bored....I run!!!!!! (Or I get on the MFP Forums and BS...lol) Replacement therapy WORKS!
  • saramarilyn
    Options
    good job!! i noticed that i emotionally eat at most when im feeling anxious/nervous. I was home alone the other night, and i was feeling anxious about being alone, and normally i would jump the fridge, lol, but instead i tried on some clothes that were a little snug before i lost some weight, and got me excited for the next this happens, and i will be thinner. my anxiety vanished thinking about the future being in my skinny clothes. :)
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement :smile: . It's amazing what eating healthy and disciplining yourself can lead to - in addition to not eating out of pain, I haven't touched alcohol or cigs since I started MFP. Yeah I wanted to run too as mentioned before and just finished my jog right now (feel so good)... maybe I should try the clothes thing too but then that's a little girly for me haha..
  • saramarilyn
    Options
    hahahahaha, yeah i got ya, its all good!