chocolate

Options
Leslie4834
Leslie4834 Posts: 111 Member
Hello,
I have been having the most craving for chocolate at night. Its so bad every nite it seems that I want chocolate. Does anybody know how I can curb this or help me think of an idea or have any low calorie recipes that have chocolate in it so I can curb this.
Thank you

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate! skinnytaste.com has great ideas as well :D
  • paperlily
    paperlily Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chocolate at night was my biggest bad habit so I firstly stopped buying it entirely. Actually I am about 3/4 of the way through a 100 day chocolate buying ban (the terms being if someone else offers me a bit of choc I can still eat it I just can't buy any myself). When I am craving it though I let myself have a hot cocoa. It does hit the spot!
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    eat some feel guilty dont repeat
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    100 calorie dairy milk thins are good when i crave chocolate
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of dark chocolate almost nightly. It's only about 50 calories but so worth it so I dont feel like I'm depryving my self. And I've lost 26+ pounds in just about 2 months so its not hurting :)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I have a recipe for chocolate mousse that I picked up from another site. I'm not really sure how healthy it is and have only made it once .... quite a while ago.

Jell-o 60 calorie puddings [sugar free] help if you want chocolate and need a quick fix.
  • xtravisfx
    xtravisfx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Get chocolate protein shakes, do your workout and then enjoy a chocolate shake for recovery.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Special K, Skinny Cow candy, or a couple of kisses at my weak points. Remember nothing taste as good as skinny feels! I also drink plenty of water!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love, the Hood Calorie Countdown Chocolate Milk! Only 80 calories per cup, 4.5 fat grams, 6 carbs, 2 fiber, 3 sugar and 6 protein!! It has really curbed my sweet tooth big time!
  • upsidedownpear
    upsidedownpear Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Chocolate at night was my biggest bad habit so I firstly stopped buying it entirely. Actually I am about 3/4 of the way through a 100 day chocolate buying ban (the terms being if someone else offers me a bit of choc I can still eat it I just can't buy any myself). When I am craving it though I let myself have a hot cocoa. It does hit the spot!

I did a 30 day no chocolate no ice cream challenge for myself and that included not eating when someone offered. I struggled initially but then I got used to it.. little bit of dark chocolate every night wouldn't hurt..or brushing your teeth right after the dinner!

I sometimes get strong cravings and if I get myself busy into something (unconsciously), the cravings just go away..see if that works :-)
  • melmarler
    Options
    Only buy chocolate you really like. I get dark chocolate Godiva bars and keep them in the freezer. When I really want chocolate I break off one square, ONLY ONE. When you eat it, don't just chomp it down. Take your time. Take tiny nibbles and let it melt on your tongue. Really savor the flavor.
  • lsobek
    Options
    I have to have chocolate ... it is my comfort food....so I plan it in and eat it. Don't deprive yourself because then you will over do it! I like to have hershey kisses and let them melt in my mouth so I get the chocolate pleasure longer!
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    eat some feel guilty dont repeat

This and baby steps.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Get chocolate protein shakes, do your workout and then enjoy a chocolate shake for recovery.

I agree 100%. That's what I do. Nearly everyday I have a chocolate protein shake made with Chocolate Silk Soymilk and Chocolate Whey and it satisfies my craving for chocolate. It's low calories but tastes so good. So I have chocolate everyday and it really helps a lot!!! Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Dark Chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weight watchers makes this amazing Dark Chocolate Raspberry ice cream bar. Only 80 cals, and it's so easy to eat just one.

I swear these are miracle workers.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Le Whif breathable chocolate! Chocolatey deliciousness and practically no calories.
  • paperlily
    paperlily Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I agree upsidedownpear, you do get used to it. :) I don't want to deprive myself which is why I accept when offered (it is usually only a very small amount that way). Part of my ban is to do with budget and I really am saving a lot of my grocery money now. :) Once my ban is over I will go back to buying it occasionally. Probably a block of Lindt 85% to last me a week rather than my previous disgusting half a block of Cadbury's per day sometimes!
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of dark chocolate almost nightly. It's only about 50 calories but so worth it so I dont feel like I'm depryving my self. And I've lost 26+ pounds in just about 2 months so its not hurting :)

Awe-some! I gotta get me some! : ) Monica too!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I had this problem at the start of my weight loss and posted a topic about it too!

It can be SO hard at first, and I used to allow myself some calories at the end of the day for chocolate if I'd been good :)

I got Skinny Cow chocolate ice cream Sundae cups - 110 calories each, which were very satisfying! And Weight Watcher's chocolate fondue which were 175 calories a cup but I worked out I could split the recipe in half and make it 87.5 calories a cup! This is AMAZING and you have to try it, it tastes like chocolate mud cake when it's been put in the fridge over night. Delish!

But I stopped craving chocolate now. I always have a soft spot for it but after making myself go cold turkey for 2 weeks, I find it easy to say no, even when someone offers it to me. I'm so proud, chocolate was something I'd eat daily (more than daily, really).
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Jell-o 60 calorie puddings [sugar free] help if you want chocolate and need a quick fix.
    ^^Ditto this.
    Also, some "fun size" chocolate candy doesn't have too many calories. The trick is restraining yourself to eating just one. :-/