To Eat Exercise Calories or Not....

ajrogers1
ajrogers1 Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,

I am somewhat new here and was curious what most people do regarding exercise calories. I workout 5-6 days a week and burn about 500-600 cals per time. My thought is that I should "eat" some of the calories that the "myfitnesspal" adds on to my daily total, but that I should not eat all of them. On the days I don't work out I just follow exactly what "myfitnesspal" tells me to do.

What do most of you do?

Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Hi,

I am somewhat new here and was curious what most people do regarding exercise calories. I workout 5-6 days a week and burn about 500-600 cals per time. My thought is that I should "eat" some of the calories that the "myfitnesspal" adds on to my daily total, but that I should not eat all of them. On the days I don't work out I just follow exactly what "myfitnesspal" tells me to do.

What do most of you do?

Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Do a forum search - there are tons of long threads you should read that will give you both sides of the debate.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Do a forum search - there are tons of long threads you should read that will give you both sides of the debate.

great answer

but.............................................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    :yawn:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    This question is so hard to answer because what works for some does not work for all. I exercise every day. I burn 600-700 calories a day from exercise. I eat between 1,600-1,700 calories a day. I lose about 3 pounds a week. I don't feel hungry eating 1,700 calories. This works for me. It's trail and error. Good luck and welcome. Cindy :heart:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    I would say, trial and error to figure out what your body is going to do. I would start out by eating them, or making sure your net cals are above 1200... try that for a few weeks, make sure to drink your water, see what your weight loss is. If you're not going anywhere after 3 weeks try eating half the exercise cals back (within reason, meaning if you exercise 1200 cals then don't eat 600, eat more!) and do that for another 3 weeks and see what happens.

You're not going to lose weight fast regardless of how you do it, if you average 1 pound a week that would be a lot with the amount of weight you have to lose, I would say it's more likely you'd lose .5 pounds per week as a reasonable result.

The thing about not eating your exercise cals back is that your body will hold onto the last little bit of fat you have, and in your case, you don't want to lose that much, so it will be extremely difficult to get your body to let go of that fat. Which is why eating more may be the answer, if it's getting enough in, then it's more likely to let loose of stored fat.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member

great answer

but.............................................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chicken butt!
  • Thanks everyone for quick responses....Zara I did the search and obviously this is a hot topic...thanks for the info.!!! Keepin' on truckin'....
This discussion has been closed.