healthy homeade pizza

Options
Hey everyone just looking for healthy homade pizza if you have any recipes let me know would love to hear from you. also if you have any great recipes you would like to share

Replies

• mavers1
    mavers1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My boyfriends parents try a wheat tortilla base instead of dough. Also you can sub pico de gallo for tomato sauce.

I personally make mine with low sodium tomato sauce and then some mozzerella and put pineapple on top!
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    here is one that i love to make

1 flour tortilla
    about 3 tbsp of pasta/pizza sauce ( but i prefer canned diced tomatoes, its healthier)
    kraft low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
    and any topping you want , i usually put whatever i have - slice some bell peppers, jalapeno, chicken or pieces of ground beef

put in the oven at 375 degrees for about 8-10 mins
    few cals and yummy))
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I make it a lot. Just use thin crust or make your own, or use a pita shell. Load it with veggies/lean meats, and watch your portions (espeically cheese...light feta works well) I love red peppers, green peppers, onion, tomato, banana peppers, mushrooms, and pineapple.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I use Joseph's Low-Carb Pita pockets for a 'crust', skim milk mozzarella, tons of vegetables, fresh chicken or ham, and I make my own pizza sauce from scratch...
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My husband and I make this Spinach Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza. Its great because you can add or substitute anything you like, different toppings and cheeses.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipe/pizza/spinach-and-goat-cheese-flatbread-pizza/
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    receipe's in my blog. The link of my signature including one for a pizza
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Crust and add in toppings as you please - assumingly healthy. http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009/05/low-carb-pizza-dough-cauliflower.html

I make this a lot and especially if you add in a lot of fennel seed, tastes just like a regular thin crust pizza to me.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    My favorite:
    1 whole wheat Pita
    1/4 cup pasta sauce (I use Trader Joe's traditional marinara which is 50 calories for 1/2 cup)
    Low fat grated mozarella (1/4 - 1/3 cup)
    Fresh Spinach
    Grilled chicken cut into cubes or strips
    Bell pepper strips
    Diced mushrooms

Add some spinach on the pita, then put the sauce on top of that. Add the cheese. Next add the rest of the ingredients. Put on a pizza tray and put into a preheated oven (350 degrees) for 15-20 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want the crust. SO good!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yum!!
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! interested too!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have a healthy pizza crust recipe at home that is NOT pita, tortilla, or anything like that. It's a real pizza crust. If you send me a message to remind me, I will send it to you when I get home.

I have this particular pizza at least once a week, and with all the toppings, cheese, and sauce, the half of a pizza that I have (literally 4 slices) is only somewhere between 500-600 cals. total. And since it's real dough and real ingredients, you don't have to get used to making pizzas on something like a burrito shell or Gyro wrap if you don't want to.
  • Kyliechristie
    Options
    Ooh yeah - i made the yummiest pizza yesterday.

Wholemeal pita pocket as a base and a spread of tomato paste.
    Then a sprinkle of low-fat mozzarella.
    Top with roast pumpkin, baby spinach leaves, mushroom, capsicum and red onion.
    Then another small sprinkle of low-fat mozzarella.

It was only 295 calories and was by far the best meal I have made since starting MFP!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I have a healthy pizza crust recipe at home that is NOT pita, tortilla, or anything like that. It's a real pizza crust. If you send me a message to remind me, I will send it to you when I get home.

I have this particular pizza at least once a week, and with all the toppings, cheese, and sauce, the half of a pizza that I have (literally 4 slices) is only somewhere between 500-600 cals. total. And since it's real dough and real ingredients, you don't have to get used to making pizzas on something like a burrito shell or Gyro wrap if you don't want to.

I dont think many people 'have to get used to making pizzas on something like a burrito shell or gyro wrap"... and to be honest, I enjoy using the Joseph's line of low-carb pitas because its more portion controlled where its a small pita, cooks up almost like a cracker-crust, and its alot less than 300 calories and extremely low-carb.... and it tastes great...
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I have used Flat Outs flatbread.:drinker: