How to banish those flabby bits?

Options
I’m kind of facing a crisis! I’ve been so successful with my weight-loss so far, or I’d like to think so. I’ve had some plateaus of course, but losing almost 30pounds in around 4 months ain’t that bad either!

But now, after reaching my goal, putting it down a few pounds, and reaching it again, I’m starting to really wonder, “When will I be happy?” “When will I be ready to stop.” And I think the thing that will make me look in the mirror and ‘love the skin I’m in’ (I just couldn’t help myself sorry lol!) is seeing more muscle, less flab.

What would you guys suggest. I know you can’t spot-target because despite my wish for thighs and arms first my body has evidently decided that torso it is! I’m not complaining, I’m loving having a flat tum, but I would really really like to lessen the bat wings a bit more and have firm thighs.

SO ADVICE PRETTY PLEASE. How do you guys tone up? Thanks in advance myfitnesspals!

Replies

• kedwardspcm
    kedwardspcm Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Take on some heavy weight lifting habits - and the rest will come naturally. You will not get bulky.
  • razorspells
    Options
    I'm no expert but in my case I wanted to tone down my obliques so I use dumbbells and various exercises for that area and I got good results, but again it goes hand in hand with diet and proper nutrition :smile:
  • fronc
    fronc Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks a million razorspells and kedwardspcm! I've got the old dumbells lying around somewhere! So would you recommend doing fewer reps. with heavier weights?
  • kedwardspcm
    kedwardspcm Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    you will find a million experts who say lower reps, higher weight. On the contrary, you will find a million experts who say higher reps with lower weight. I personally didn't have an ounce of muscle on me when I started my fitness journey six months ago, 30lbs heavier. With that being said, what has worked for me is working the muscles till exhaustion. You can achieve this doing either! Eat high amounts of protein to promote muscle growth and will also help you sustain the muscle you build :)