How has water helped YOU personally?

Options
I am well aware that water is wonderful. Dieting or not it's great. I get that. Also as a nurse I know all the medical reasons to drink more water and understand the benefits. So here's what I was thinking. I over heard my doctor discussing with another doctor this morning how much her skin and specifically her complexion has improved. She honestly said "It's a THOUSAND times better than before the water". So that got me thinking about other people and their story.

1.So, how much water do you drink each day and is it a challenge or WAS it a challenge to drink the necessary levels?

2. Do you use anything in your water for taste?

3. Do you LIVE in the bathroom?

4. What are a couple of things that you watched change when you increased you water intake? (examples could be skin, hair, fullness, etc)

And as ALWAYS, THANK YOU SO MUCH! This site has already been life altering to me. A huge part of that is you all and your words of encouragement! <3

Replies

• ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    if i drink a lot of water i live in the bathroom lol
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I replaced sodas with water when I started getting serious about improving my health. I feel so much better now. No more tummy cramps. No more dry skin. Good stuff.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I owe my life to water.
  • mavers1
    mavers1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love water, I always have. I've found that since I've drank it so consistently sugary drinks don't really quench my thirst and have been kicked completely out of my diet. I would also agree with the complexion, you really start to glow when you increase your water intake. Also If I have a cup of water before dinner I eat less and I don't feel like I go to the bathroom a ton, but more than most people because I drink over a gallon a day.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Water can determine whether you have a good run or not.... I honestly don't get enough cuz I don't like the bloated feeling but I know it's hindering me...
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Frankly - I HATE water. It's ... blachhhh! I rarely drink plain water. I add a Crystal lite to it, but hate the aspartame, so I'm looking for stevia alternatives, and finding a few. I LOVE carbination, but limit myself to 1 diet soda a day - to keep the bones/teeth healthy. I've been drinking more the last month - two 16-oz bottles a day. But I have milk w/ cereal in the am, soda at lunch, and crystal lite at night. All in all, about 50-60 oz a day.
    YES - at first I was in the bathroom more than at my desk, and at night got up at least 1 time. The more I'm drinking - or my body's getting used to the increased liquid - I'm finding it's not as bad. But I still drink at dinnertime and nothing after that.
    I've noticed the change in the weather has my hands drier than the Mojave, and my hair has static clink like nobody's business. I attribute that to weather change, tho, not due to water. My complexion has always been good - so no difference noted there. I just know that more water-liquid is good for everything in/on my bod - so I'm suckin it up (literally) and drinking more.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water.
    I started to drink lots one day because I was just really thirsty, and had dry lips, eyes and skin. It has stuck, I now drink a lot of water.
    When I first started drinking water a lot, I was peeing several times a day.
    I started to pee less frequently, and I dropped a lot of water weight really quickly, without even thinking about it.

I am now more consious of drinking lots of water, because I feel and look better when I do, because the more water in, the less bloating/water retention I have.
    I have upped the anti, I am now drinking even more, because of the exercise I am starting to do, 2/3 times a day, and I am peeing a bit more frequently again. But my body will get used to it as it becomes the norm.

I definitely recommend drinking as much water as you can. I love the taste of cool not cold plain tap/filtered water.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I love water. I don't like anything in it. Just give me a big glass of nice ice-cold water and I'm happy. I don't like the flavored stuff---takes so off to me.
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    since buying a cheap water filtration system at walmart I love to drink water. I drink it plain most of the time. At first I spent a lot of the day making trips to the bathroom but now not so much. Beofre drinking water my finger nails absolutely wouldn't grow out but now they are long and beautiful and strong. My skin complexion looks healthier to. I haven't done the greatest on staying within my calories per day but I have still lost 7lbs in 20 days! I drink between 4 and 10 glasses of water a day.
  • jacobhayes1
    Options
    I like to shower with it too!
  • rachelejarboe
    Options
    Ha! I do the same! CRAZY! ;)

Okay--I'm starting today. Going to chug-a-lug for the next 2 weeks or so and report back the results. I hope I get the results you guys get. I'm relieved to know that I won't be living in the bathroom after some adjustment time. It sounds lame but my job allows for LITTLE time away!
  • InTenn
    InTenn Posts: 99
    Options
    Nearly all of my fishing success I can attribute to water. It also makes kayaking much simpler and much easier on the boats themselves.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I do not notice any difference, and I drink a lot of water. I just like the taste.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    1.So, how much water do you drink each day and is it a challenge or WAS it a challenge to drink the necessary levels?
    It varies but I don't track water.

2. Do you use anything in your water for taste?
    ---- I mostly drink tea or plain water for hydration purposes.

3. Do you LIVE in the bathroom?
    ---- Good God no! Why would I want to live in a bathroom? My home has a couple that I visit when necessary, though.

4. What are a couple of things that you watched change when you increased you water intake? (examples could be skin, hair, fullness, etc)
    ---- I didn't increase my water intake as I've never had a problem with dehydration.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    It's kept me alive for 31 years
  • BumbyDog
    BumbyDog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I used to drink tonnes of water and lived in the loo. That's really why I cut it down. I'm starting to drink more again now purely so I feel fuller and might be less inclined to snack. I do think you can drink too much water though. If you think about it, fresh fruits and veg (especially raw) are full of water. I don't think it's necessary to drink 8+ glasses a day myself and think that too much water can actually flush vital vitamins and minerals out of your system. That could be rubbish though! I'm open to criticism on that one :)
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Its always a challenge for me to drink water. I dislike it, it makes me cold no matter where the water is cold or room temperature. However, I run better when I am well hydrated and during the winter my skin doesn't get nearly as dry as it would without all the water. Taking a fish oil supplement helps with this also.
  • cupcakethefatclown
    Options
    I like to challenge my self to see how pale i can make my pee.. its like a game for me..
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've always had a lot of water, unsweetened peppermint tea and suntea with lemon ever since I was a child to keep my urinary track flushed out and healthy. I was crazy prone to UTIs as a kid due to an abnormally narrow urethra - the good side of this is that I was never allowed to have much in the way of soda, and at this point in life I simply don't care for soda, it makes my teeth feel chalky. (The one exception to this is Chai Soda from Taylor's Tonics...yum!)

However, before started my weightloss journey I was a coffee-with-tons-of-creamer fiend. I'd have 3 big mugs of coffee in the morning, drink water or tea through the afternoon, 2 more mugs of coffee in the evening and water or peppermint tea at night. I *always* have a drink going.

Since starting a non-weight-related medicine and simultaneously starting to watch my calories a few months ago, my 5 big mugs of coffee daily has dropped to 1-2 reasonably-sized cups in the morning, and ~3 liters of water or tea throughout the day. I had to pee about 8 times a day the first week, but now things seem to be normal again. I think all the hydration has definitely helped me with appetite control, and I have found that my usual menstrual-cycle acne flareups have totally disappeared.
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I drink 100+ oz of water everyday (13 cups or more) -- often more like 16-18 cups. It makes a huge difference in my skin tone, and also helps keep me "regular". As far as trips to the bathroom, I've been able to "train" my body to bathroom breaks... it took a couple weeks, but now my body is used to the water intake. During the summer I sometimes added flavoring to my water, but that was b/c I drank an extra 6-8 cups a day due to the heat. Now, I mostly drink it straight -- btw, cold is better than room temperature, as your body burns about 10 extra calories a cup "warming" ice water to body temperature!!

Drink up!!:drinker: