ever have days like this?

Options
Today I made spaghetti. This is like my all time fav food so just enjoyed it. I did still count my calories although I just ate however much I wanted. I just wanted to really enjoy my food a lil more today. I ate so ncu I went over my calories by quitte a bit. I don't normally do this so I am just calling it a cheat day. Do you have days like this?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Of course! It's great for your metabolism to be shocked with a high-calorie day once in a while, it kicks it back into gear! Don't feel bad for enjoying foods you love. It will help you avoid a binge later! Denying yourself is never the answer :D
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Of course! It's great for your metabolism to be shocked with a high-calorie day once in a while, it kicks it back into gear! Don't feel bad for enjoying foods you love. It will help you avoid a binge later! Denying yourself is never the answer :D

I do exactly this to break plateaus.

To the OP: don't sweat a day or two of badness. Just get back on the wagon and keep trucking.
  • donbon175
    Options
    I totally agree with "shovav91"!!! Just don't let it get you off track for an extended period of time. One day isn't going to hurt ;-)
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Yes!

Living in a 1200 calorie prison is unrealistic and makes me miserable! I trust that your spaghetti was awesome, I hope you enjoyed it, one day isn't going to throw you off track :)
  • micksvetlana
    Options
    it is so lovely to see you guys supporting one another. I had a day like that a few days ago and felt bad but what you are saying about kicking metabolism off makes perfect sense
  • dcfl2012
    Options
    Yes, it must happen! Log it! Its okay if you are over on carbs-it is ONE DAY ! As mentioned b/f...or else you will just binge- and you don't want this! I've had this-you don't want this ! (You Don't mess with the Zohan)