Nighttime Binge Eating Strugglers..

Options
Anyone else have a really hard time with nighttime binges? I've really been struggling with them lately..if anyone wants to start a support group, I'd love to start it!

Replies

• gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I don't binge but I eat stuff that will fill me up.... as long as you're within your cals you're good... if its after midnight just add it to the next day as breakfast...
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I don't binge but I eat stuff that will fill me up.... as long as you're within your cals you're good...

Well i'm not, that's the problem. And with binging you never feel full (well, me at least) no matter what you eat.
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yes it does not matter what time you eat as long as you are within your calorie goal................i often eat very late at night and I am still losing weight
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    Okay I guess I didn't make myself clear.
    Binging after you've already completed your diary and are at your calorie goal.
    This is what I'm dealing with.
  • LindsayT2012
    LindsayT2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    that means it is time for bed:-)
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    oh my god. nevermind :sick:
  • LindsayT2012
    LindsayT2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am serious if I feel like bingeing then I try and go to bed. It keeps me out of the food
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hehe bingye on lettuce and you'll be so full and prob wont even break 100 calories (that's like 9 cups of lettuce)
  • paperlily
    paperlily Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This as been my problem. I have started eating dinner quite late and always saving some calories for a cup of tea and an apple/malt biscuit. Eating late and having sugar and the likes before bed probably wouldn't work for everyone but I like to have a little snack as I wind down from the day so that I don't 'panic' when I have already had dinner and breakfast seems so far away. Nighttime is definitely the most difficult for me!
  • cherrycake26
    Options
    I think I know where your at....Great day all calories counted, then this demon gets in my head, sencibility goes out the window and the munchies start. I will be looking for a healthy snack and before I know where I am a teaspoon is in the peanut butter jar!! A slice of ham has popped into my mouth, and I am reaching for cheese butter and crackers, somehow a couple of squares of cooking chocolate is also sliding down the gullet........How do I cope with this I DONT! Eventually the demon goes and I go to bed feelong like a pile of poo. Next day I get back on track and pray the demon doesnt come again tomorrow xxxxxxx
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    try a protein shake and try to save up calories at night so you can eat some calories back.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    I think I know where your at....Great day all calories counted, then this demon gets in my head, sencibility goes out the window and the munchies start. I will be looking for a healthy snack and before I know where I am a teaspoon is in the peanut butter jar!! A slice of ham has popped into my mouth, and I am reaching for cheese butter and crackers, somehow a couple of squares of cooking chocolate is also sliding down the gullet........How do I cope with this I DONT! Eventually the demon goes and I go to bed feelong like a pile of poo. Next day I get back on track and pray the demon doesnt come again tomorrow xxxxxxx

finally! if you ever wanna talk through it, i totally have the same feelings...
  • AndrewTub
    AndrewTub Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have this problem ! I can sometimes only be slightly peckish at about 11PM and it can turn into 100s of calories :(

A tip of mine was to drink a pint of water then brush my teeth and use mouthwash straight after, that usually supresses my appetite and puts me off eating food, especially if it's extra strong mint !
  • amiiwu
    Options
    Oh I'm so glad other people ae coping with this too! As soon as I get in from my day I start thinking about what I can put in my mouth. Even when I stop and think to myself "I am not even hungry", I still want something. Something sweet, savoury, chewy, runny, whatever is in the cupboard, I want to chow down on it! :(

So, I try to keep busy, I use chewing gum, brush my teeth, I eat fat free yogurt with an orange and 1/2 tsp of honey so I feel like I'm eating something indulgent but its still not too naughty. But eating three of them is still going to damage my calorie allowances!

Im not sure about OP, but I think it stems from always eating soft cookies and brownies late at night. I miss that goo-ey texture. I made some museli muffins last night so hopefully I can use these as a low-fat replacement for my cravings. I can post the recipe if you guys want.

We need to keep strong! And, like someone already said - when it gets to 9pm and we're still bingeing, I guess we should just go to bed!
  • candiceanderson84
    candiceanderson84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem and I've really been struggling with this when it gets close to that time of the month...It seems like once I'm done with my evening workout I have strong cravings for sweets and I really try to keep it I guess with sugar free jello, sugar free chocolate, wheat thins, trial mix, etc but I think I over eat on those things which affect my calorie intake drastically. I'm really in need of some support because I'm at my last 14lbs I need to lose and I dont want my night time binge eating to affect my weight loss in the wrong way....

I really thought I was the only person going through this...
  • rita27ny
    Options
    Sometimes when we are dehydrated we tend to eat and we think we are hungry. Drink water it can suppress your hungry and make sure you drink water throughout the day.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I have this problem. Sometimes I just kind of zombie over to the kitchen and go into an eating trance until I snap out of it. It's like my head is screaming, "stop it! why are you eating? you're not even hungry! Step away" as I"m stuffing my face and I don't stop until I'm sickly full. I went a full 3 months without bingeing, and all of a sudden I'm slipping back up again.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

finally! if you ever wanna talk through it, i totally have the same feelings...

Yes, the demon. Exactly. I called it a zombie-like eating trance, but this is better.
  • rita27ny
    Options
    apple cider vinegar works it help suppressed hungry. it works.
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    Ooh, have the same problem... maybe we should start a group on FB if you have it so we can msg each other to stave off the demons.
    I am up late, usually till 1 am or so. I always used to be told don't eat after 8 pm or something like that. My husband gets home late,, after 9 pm so and he is a snacker. I used to always snack with him... peanuts, ice cream, etc.
    Hard to break the habit. I do it during the day too -- wandering in and out of the pantry for no reason. Not hungry, just have the munchies\

I used to years ago when I was on this journey again.... I did the teeth brushing. that helped some, but then I tell myself, well what if I want something ( I am too lazy i guess to rebrush? )

ack, glad I am not alone in this though. I am trying to have better late night snacks and I try to leave myself room in my diary.
    11 pm last night I knew I had 150 cal or so, didn't log it but had 4 melba toasts (60 cal) with a 35 cal cheese wedge. That seemed to satisfy my need to crunch and the smooth texture of the cheese... then drank up on my lemon water.

Good luck everyone
    K