Pet Peeves

Options
Hmm feeling a rant...being bigger I've noticed things..wonder if anyone else have had similar experiences.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone gives you advice (when you don't ask for it)..and is more judgmental based rather than helpful. For instance my sister will speak down so badly about me drinking diet coke or spray butter on my food..which I know are bad..and I do try cutting back the diet coke....Yet she smokes, she drinks, she does other "things"..so to me it's who is she to judge me on my "health" especially with such little things I do.

& the second thing is when someone who is bigger..judges other big people. My roommate will call everyone who is overweight disgusting human beings..etc..like they should be killed..and even people who are underweight who she just thinks looks "fat". She got lipo, yet gained it back..and still tells every "bigger" person to go get lipo..and doesn't seem to realize that not everybody can afford surgeries..and that it doesn't change your lifestyle and you could easily put the weight back..unless you are serious about healthier lifestyles.

& third people who think just because they are skinny, they are healthy..and give you completely wrong advice..for instance my dad who believes drinking Gatorade is healthier then water..and there is no way to get him to see it otherwise..or having him buy me frozen pizzas and calling them healthy..he thinks just because he's skinny..he has the authority to tell me what to do health wise..and he eats more then anybody else I've ever met at all hours...

Eh I guess rant over..anybody else feel like ranting?

Replies

• Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I hate it when its not just people giving you bad advice its fatter people giving you bad advice. Like the diet coke thing for me or the "you should follow a doctors plan not some website" and its coming from a guy who has a Del Taco drink in his hand and a bag of greasy fries / burritos.

Its like really? How is that working out for you?
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    Aww that's a good one!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, some people, even some close to you are going to say nasty things and be mean as you go along this journey. I believe it's mostly from jealousy than anything else, but it's hurtful and mean nonetheless. Just remember that you are going to feel and look amazing while most of them are still miserable.
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I hate it when its not just people giving you bad advice its fatter people giving you bad advice. Like the diet coke thing for me or the "you should follow a doctors plan not some website" and its coming from a guy who has a Del Taco drink in his hand and a bag of greasy fries / burritos.

exactly like a lady I work with... i was eating some grapes one day and she said there the worse fruit you can eat, this was after a morning work out... and she was eating a chocolate muffin.
  • Cold_Steel
    Options
    exactly like a lady I work with... i was eating some grapes one day and she said there the worse fruit you can eat, this was after a morning work out... and she was eating a chocolate muffin.

Yeah I have two of them at work. One has a comment for me nearly every day, especially after the owner of the company compliments me. I have a lot of supportive people in my office but there are two people that just hate life and it gets frustrating but I am over it.

Last week I was eating some of those kinda bad for you Vegetable Chips and he was like you know those are worse than regular potato chips, they cause cancer. Meanwhile he is holding a bag full of Mcdonalds....
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Duck face.

Oh, you mean wrt to dieting and such. I'm tired of people getting all cranky about aspartame because they read some webpage written by a non-doctor in comic sans... You'll never take my Coke Zero or Diet Mtn Dew!
  • Cold_Steel
    Options
    Duck face.

Oh, you mean wrt to dieting and such. I'm tired of people getting all cranky about aspartame because they read some webpage written by a non-doctor in comic sans... You'll never take my Coke Zero or Diet Mtn Dew!

After switching I can't even stand the taste of regular soda, a half of one makes my stomach hurt from the sweetness.... coke zero cherry is the awesome !
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    What I hate the most is when you try to do everything in your power to get through the day, monitor what you eat, change your lifestyle and make sure NOTHING CANNOT BE COMPROMISED... practically change so much about the core of your being, make DRASTIC improvements to your health, appearance and overall energy levels, and 'friends of yours' don't even see it or seem to care.

Don't get me wrong, I do this for myself. But damnit... if anyone outside of myself could feel HALF of this achievement, they'd know how hard it is and at least pat me on the back or something!
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    What I hate the most is when you try to do everything in your power to get through the day, monitor what you eat, change your lifestyle and make sure NOTHING CANNOT BE COMPROMISED... practically change so much about the core of your being, make DRASTIC improvements to your health, appearance and overall energy levels, and 'friends of yours' don't even see it or seem to care.

Don't get me wrong, I do this for myself. But damnit... if anyone outside of myself could feel HALF of this achievement, they'd know how hard it is and at least pat me on the back or something!

I couldn't agree more with you on that!! I've never put so much effort into anything besides my weight, diet, and exercise...yet people talk to me like I could care less about it and that I'm not at all trying.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    glad i'm very apparently not the only diet soda addict out there <3
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Luckily I haven't had to deal with it lately but back in my Marine Corps days I constantly had to put up with morons...

Me: holding a bottle of slimlight
    moron: that looks like something that's full of sugar you better stop drinking that.
    Me: look at the label it has Zero calories
    moron: Sure it might have no calories but I bet it's still has tons of sugar in it.

Me: drinking a diet coke
    moron:that stuff will kill you *while he's puffing on a cigarette

Me:drinking a diet Mt. Dew
    Moron; put down the wimpy drink and have a beer!
    Me: can't, Alcohol has calories
    moron: ONE beer's not gonna hurt!
    Me: I already had one an hour ago
    Moron; then it's time for another!!
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is when people ask me how I lost weight and then when I tell them - eating less/healthier and exercising they ignore me and go ask a naturally skinny person how they stay so thin. I just want to yell it's cuz they were born with good metabolism! If what they are doing was gonna work for you, you wouldn't be a fat*$$ in the first place!
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    People who don't use the indicators in their car!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I hope none of you ever have to drive down here in Miami. The drivers down here eat you alive if you use a turn signal to change lanes or show any courtesy at all.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Your roommate sounds like a complete b!tch. Wow.
  • mummychaz
    mummychaz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    People who don't use the indicators in their car!

I hate that too & people who don't thank you for waiting for them/letting them through etc. grrr!
  • mummychaz
    mummychaz Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I used to work with a woman who was seriously overweight & had an awful fat filled diet & ate more food in a working shift than I could eat over a weekend. One day I had forgotten my lunch so someone gave me a cuppa-soup sachet & she went on & on at me about all the salt in them - I agree that the salt content was bad but a few days before this woman ate a whole roasted chicken with all the greasy skin for lunch LOL!
  • Cold_Steel
    Options
    I hope none of you ever have to drive down here in Miami. The drivers down here eat you alive if you use a turn signal to change lanes or show any courtesy at all.

San Diego drivers are too busy to use their turn signals, or too stop...or to you know go when the light turns green.

The other day I was watching a woman in front of me read a novel while driving, and there wasnt any traffic !