IM WORRIED

Options
Im trying to be positive, and visualize myself being my goal weight so i can keep my motivation, but it makes me wonder, if i was skinnier and therefore 'prettier' and a guy was interested in me, would it just be because i was skinnier..

How do you know if that person would have given you a chance befor eyou lost weight, or would they have judged a book by its cover also?

Replies

• yanageorge
    Options
    Kelly, everyone judges book by the cover. This should be about how you feel about you. Other peoples opinions if not positive will only hurt you and sabotage your efforts. Do this for you!
  • velarneyraptor
    velarneyraptor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ^ That's exactly the kind of thing I am focused on now - improving myself for my own benefit, not anyone elses!!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Im trying to be positive, and visualize myself being my goal weight so i can keep my motivation, but it makes me wonder, if i was skinnier and therefore 'prettier' and a guy was interested in me, would it just be because i was skinnier..

How do you know if that person would have given you a chance befor eyou lost weight, or would they have judged a book by its cover also?

Being skinnier might get you the attention but having a great personality is what will keep the guy from leaving and eventually love you for who you are.
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    if he is going to judge you on what ur weight is then hes not the ne for you because all women go up and down. me and my boy friend got together when i was 15lbs heavier and he loved the way i looked then, he LOVES the way i look now and he says he is so glad im doing this for me and not him.

the only perosn who matters kelly is YOU, NUMBER 1
  • girlherbivore
    Options
    people are superficial by nature. try to look past this starting with YOU. you are more than your weight. if you are losing weight to impress other people, you are setting yourself up to fail. the only person worth that much work is YOU.

it does get sickening when people say, (after you have lost weight) "OH how good you look!". so what did i look like before? gobs of dog food?

i know it is hard to ignore stupidity. learning how to it one of the best gifts you can give yourself. x
  • thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If someone can be vain enough to judge u on ur weight then they arnt worth your time princess. Id probly have doubts if someone who wasnt interested in you when u was bigger suddenly is when your smaller. But hey what do i know. As long as your happy with yourself guys pick up on that. Even at my biggest i was able to get boy friends.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    More than likely, your being "skinnier" would make *YOU* feel more confident, therefore you would present yourself to the world differently and be happier, thus attracting more people to you. So... give some thought to who's actually basing whether you look good on your weight and who's just appreciating someone who's positive and happy.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    More than likely, your being "skinnier" would make *YOU* feel more confident, therefore you would present yourself to the world differently and be happier, thus attracting more people to you. So... give some thought to who's actually basing whether you look good on your weight and who's just appreciating someone who's positive and happy.

I totally agree.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Initial attraction is almost always motivated by physical beauty. Once you spend some time with a person, you can get a better idea of their motives.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    But there are a million things besides weight that you could wonder this about. Right now, if a guy likes you, do you say, "Would he like me if I had bad skin? Or frizzy hair?" or whatever. You'll just drive yourself crazy thinking things like that. And so what if a guy is more attracted to thinner women. Some guys are more attracted to heavier women. It's ok to have preferences.