CALLING ALL JILLIAN MICHEAL USERS :)

Options
Hey guys so I just ordered Jillian micheals, just wanted to get a few thoughts about it?? PRO'S CON'S ANYTHING? ADVICE TIPS? THANKS GUYS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT :)

Replies

• krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You ordered Jillian? Does she know? LOL

30 Day shred was AWESOME. :)
  • mavers1
    mavers1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is great.
  • mavers1
    mavers1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

bwhaha :)
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred and yes it works but you have to stick with it. It gets harder and harder but after 30 days, the results are impressive! Good Luck!
  • kritty123
    Options
    I LOVE 30DS, Ripped in 30 is nice and a little more intense in my book, 6 week 6 pack kicked my @ss fantastically and Yoga Meltdown made me sweat but felt like such an accomplishment when I was done! She is personally my favorite trainer and I love ALL of her DVDs so far!! You will not be disappointed by any of the above mentioned DVDS :o)
  • SanMcK70
    SanMcK70 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have never done her videos, but I got her Ultimatum 2011 for the Wii and I like it!
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i love 30 day shred. when i started it i was like no way in hell can i do this, but i did. and i am so much fitter now than i was. even though i've done the 30 days i still do the shred at least 4 days a week and just alternate the days. everyone needs a little jillian in their lives she is totally addictive!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I did the 30 day shred with amazing results. It properly kick started my weightless and I look so much more toned. I did it over about 40 days though. My tip is to take rest days rather than doing it for 30 days straight. I also did swimming, cycling and walking along with the dvd so I that helped with the results. I am now on her thighs and buns dvd (not available in the UK so I dl it), I only do that about once every 3 days as I do so many other exercises.
  • lindzmt22
    Options

Lmao!!! I was gonna say, damn, she must've been expensive!!! hehee :P
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    If you´re a beginner, remeber to stretch longer the first four five days, this will safe you some soreness.
    The transition from not excerising to doing it day to day is pretty rough. Hade a hard time sitting down,
    taking the stairs etc, cuz my thighs where just so sore. So thats my tip.
  • meex
    meex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of 30ds and my advice is to really take it easy in the jumping, i have hurt my knee a little today and i know a few other ppl on here have got shin splints etc. Also you'll need hand weights, i use 2kg ones (which i think is about 5lbs) and its a good average, some exercises are really easy and others are difficult but still manageable. Just DON'T GIVE UP!
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of 30ds and my advice is to really take it easy in the jumping, i have hurt my knee a little today and i know a few other ppl on here have got shin splints etc. Also you'll need hand weights, i use 2kg ones (which i think is about 5lbs) and its a good average, some exercises are really easy and others are difficult but still manageable. Just DON'T GIVE UP!

I hate the jumping.. the "jump ropes" are NOT my friend...
  • mailoveschayzen
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, what materials will I need hand weights...extra??
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I started my exercise habit with her 30DS and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism workouts...and although she kicked my butt most of the time, I loved it. :) Do take it easy in the first few days if you're just starting out... some moves can be quite tedious for beginners.

For the 30DS and Ripped in 30, you will need light weights of about 3-5lbs, and also an exercise mat to reduce the impact (and to catch the dripping sweat hehe). But most of all you will need determination, commitment and a positive mindset! Don't worry so much about motivation, Jillian will take care of that! :) All the best! xx
  • slimmerme2012
    Options
    I would love to order Jillian Michaels ;)

I love her 30 DS (doing it now) I also have have No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Im planning to buy the ripped in 30 after I do 30 DS
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have most of them and love them all.

REMEMBER that you can MODIFY any of the moves to what YOUR BODY can or can not do!!

You'll need a set of weights 3 and/or 5 pds and the mat is optional.
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    I have 30DS, Ripped in 30, 6-pack abs, & the Yoga meltdown dvd. I love them all. I have not done any of them consistantly the full 30 days, or whatever is recommended. Instead, I alternate different levels of different videos each day. I like to switch them up so I don't get bored. I like the fact that every one of her videos are seriously effectve & I'm done in 30 minutes. Easy to work into my day. On a day I'm not feeling too particularly motivated, I will do her yoga dvd. It's still difficult, but slightly less intense than the others. Unfortunately, I haven't done any of Jillian's dvds in a couple of weeks, been in a slump, intend to let her kick my *kitten* again this weekend!!! You will love her workouts.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    You should just need hand weights. maybe a mat if your floor is hard.

i've done quite a bit of 30 day shred and even more no more trouble zones. and i just started ripped in 30 this week. gl!