I'll at least introduce myself...

Options
Hi! My name is Leona and I'm from Melbourne, Australia.

I really like MFP and I'm currently trying to follow (more observing) the new PROpoints plan by Weight Watchers. I don't really like it, I prefer the original points system. (I'm hungry and keep finding inconsistencies with thier program calculations and it infuriates me). SO I just go along to support others and weigh in.

MFP has been great in helping me to identify what my actual calorie intake should be and by tracking on MFP I have consumed MORE food than by actually tracking with WW PROpoints

I'm a mum of 2 and WW isn't really a 'family friendly' ** program, however I am a HUGE fan of the Australian Healthy Food Guide magazine. If it wasn't for that little ripper I'd be a wreck.

I'm a 'clean eater' - not really by choice :ohwell:

I won't be joining any groups - I can't agree to one.

** WW did release a book called 'Healthy Parent, Healthy Child'. It contains 5 simple rules for the family and I swear by them!

Replies

• JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I've heard numerous complaints about WW. The biggest one would be the skinny guy/gal who show up, want to lose five pounds, lose it three weeks later and everyone "celebrates" the "big" victory! :)

Welcome to MFP! My niece is in Sydney and loves the place! The better half and I plan to travel there and let her so she can be our tour guide!
  • meikinfaces
    meikinfaces Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ya! that sucks! I have about 20kg to lose (whats that in pounds?? 40+lbs?) Hope to make it with MFP. Think I'll can WW in the New Year.
  • Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I sent you a friend request. Im following the southbeach diet and it seems like it would be family friendly.
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Hi

Just sent you a request too. I used to do the old WW but I've heard some pretty decent reports about the new one - a friend on the PP plan lost 10lbs in 4 weeks - but that's all she had to lose.

I've been hmming and hawing about going back - using money as an excuse not to. I do find the MFP calories pretty restrictive and I don't always stick to them. I should probably look at seeing if I can up it a little.
  • meikinfaces
    meikinfaces Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for your friend requests! I have kindly declined them for now - I hope I haven't offended anyone I just wish to find my feet first.
    I am focused on eating a clean balanced diet - I have fatty liver disease. I'm done with the 'do eat this and don't eat that' of the south beach diet and atkins etc. I don't do shakes or meal replacements. Just good wholesome food.
    WW is pricey if your just hanging in there. I pay monthly and that breaks down better in my wallet long term. I have WW etools online tracking but I find because I don't eat thier products I'm always updating thier database with info when I only want to find info for me. MFP has a broader database.
    Thanks again for your friend requests, I'm really flattered and I'll be sure to look back to this post to find you.

God Bless, Leona
  • Sunlight2011
    Sunlight2011 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just to say about WW and the point you made about people with only a small amount to lose. I've been several times and was dismayed by the dismissal and lack of support I got as I only had a stone to lose. I'm amazed by some of the losses I've seen on this site and how people keep motivated with such a way to go is totally inspiring. Unfortunatley with the likes of WW I feel you have to be a certain amount overweight before people feel you warrant support. I think this is a shame. On the other hand I also see people on here who seem underweight which is a bit of a worry.