UK PEOPLE WHO LOVE CHRISTMAS!!

Options
Pidders89
Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
Hey all, i am absolutely mad about christmas and to me the coca cola ad "holidays are coming" is the start of the christmas countdown tomorrow and i hope what i've read is right. Apparently it will first be aired for this year...tomorrow!!! CANT WAIT!!!! i bet it will be in the ads for xfactor or something

Replies

• CaveGal
    CaveGal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yaaaay!!! I love Christmas :-) and the Coca Cola Ad is definitely the start of the countdown! Managed to see the Christmas Coca Cola truck in Manchester December last year! There was a gospel choir and it was snowing... very magical! Only 6 weeks left now ;-)
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Well they did invent Santa Clause....the one we know anyway.
  • ZoayZoay
    ZoayZoay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Celtic Advent (40 days long, to mirror Lent) starts on the 15th November. So then there is every excuse to start being Christmassy! I have a stack of things just waiting...
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Not from the UK but Loooooooove Christmas! Been obsessing over decorations and food for the past week, much to my roommates annoyance. I always have a rule not to listen to Christmas songs till the 1st of December though to keep it special.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i'm not from th UK either, but my Christmas decorations go up November 1st. I have a problem...I love love love the holidays!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    aww they are doing it again this year i didnt go last year but really hoping to see them this time! My mum and sister are just as bad as me and all the other family laugh at us :P

xxxxx
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I LOVE xmas, Its my fav time of year. I've just started my xmas shopping, and writing my own xmas list!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Holidays are coming
    Holidays are coming
    Holidays are coming
    Holidays are coming
    Holidays are coming
    Holidays are coming

Tease the season
    Watch out
    Look around
    Something's coming
    Coming to town (Coming to your town)

Dooh dooh dooh...
    Always Coca Cola (Coming to your town)

Something magic
    In the night
    Can't you see it
    Shining bright (Shining bright)

Badada...
    Always Coca Cola

Tease the season it's always the real thing

YAYYYY! Diet or not I'm going to rugby tackle my Nan when she gets out the roast potatoes and have my head in Baileys Coffees all Christmas eve/day & boxing day! I'm not cheating myself out of a proper indulgent Christmas that much I can assure you :D
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    as an American when i watch tv and movies it seems like people in England have more fun at Christmas.

Love Actually is now my favorite Christmas movie.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    as an American when i watch tv and movies it seems like people in England have more fun at Christmas.

Totally agree with you there, love actually is mine too i HAVE to watch it every year, aswell as muppets christmas carol and miracle on 34th street.

I think it depends on the people some people are right scrooges lol but i think america celebrates halloween more than we do here x
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Holidays are coming
    Holidays are coming
    Holidays are coming
    Holidays are coming
    Holidays are coming
    Holidays are coming

Tease the season
    Watch out
    Look around
    Something's coming
    Coming to town (Coming to your town)

Dooh dooh dooh...
    Always Coca Cola (Coming to your town)

Something magic
    In the night
    Can't you see it
    Shining bright (Shining bright)

Badada...
    Always Coca Cola

Tease the season it's always the real thing

YAYYYY! Diet or not I'm going to rugby tackle my Nan when she gets out the roast potatoes and have my head in Baileys Coffees all Christmas eve/day & boxing day! I'm not cheating myself out of a proper indulgent Christmas that much I can assure you :D

Definatley not, for christmas even, day and boxing day calories don't exist!!! xx
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I miss Christmas at home, I miss all the rubbish adverts on tv, the drama on eastenders (even though I still watch it here now), the food (it's just not the same here!!), I just miss everything really. The thing I miss the most is being round my friends and family - that just sucks the most.
  • yesiamaduck
    Options

Totally agree with you there, love actually is mine too i HAVE to watch it every year, aswell as muppets christmas carol and miracle on 34th street.

I think it depends on the people some people are right scrooges lol but i think america celebrates halloween more than we do here x

Muppets Christmas Carole is one of my favourite movies ever! I watch it every Christmas morning :)

Halloween is quite big the UK nowa days actually, well at least in some parts(the more studenty areas I suppose). In Brighton its a huge deal we have this massive Zombie Walk leading up to it and everything. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTLduuvfJm8 see
  • Pidders89
    Options
    I miss Christmas at home, I miss all the rubbish adverts on tv, the drama on eastenders (even though I still watch it here now), the food (it's just not the same here!!), I just miss everything really. The thing I miss the most is being round my friends and family - that just sucks the most.

yeah theres nothing like a british christmas is there. i know how you feel as my sister is living out in germany at the moment (army wife) but they are flying back and staying with us for christmas :D

xxxx
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Love that advert!!!

I love Christmas too- my absolute musts are :

Going to the German Market for mulled wine and bratwursts
    Watching Love actually, A christmas Carol and Santa Claus the Movie (yes..... I know I'm 28.....).
    Cold turkey, chips and pickles on boxing day

yeah!
  • Pidders89
    Options

Muppets Christmas Carole is one of my favourite movies ever! I watch it every Christmas morning :)

Halloween is quite big the UK nowa days actually, well at least in some parts(the more studenty areas I suppose). In Brighton its a huge deal we have this massive Zombie Walk leading up to it and everything. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTLduuvfJm8 see

yeah it has got bigger over the last few years but i think the americans beat us when celebrating it xxx
  • yesiamaduck
    Options

The annual Eastenders death is routed in Christmas/New Year tradition, I never watch Eastenders but always watch it around Christmas time, as if it's compulsory.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Love that advert!!!

I love Christmas too- my absolute musts are :

Going to the German Market for mulled wine and bratwursts
    Watching Love actually, A christmas Carol and Santa Claus the Movie (yes..... I know I'm 28.....).
    Cold turkey, chips and pickles on boxing day

yeah!

nothing wrong with watching them no matter how old you are! defo cold turkey boxing day...everyones making me feel even more christmassy!
  • Pidders89
    Options

The annual Eastenders death is routed in Christmas/New Year tradition, I never watch Eastenders but always watch it around Christmas time, as if it's compulsory.

haha its to do with Pat this year
  • yesiamaduck
    Options
    I also forgot, even though the movie is terrible Jingle All The Way is also compulsive Christmas viewing

Arnie in a Christmas special? Perfect