WOOT!

Options
I am now a firm believer in eating back exercise calories! I went through WW for 2 months, ate alllll my "points" and still felt like I was starving. I'm on the last 5 days of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred which is just 20 minutes a day but pretty intense. I've been simultaneously tracking my food calories on MFP with what I was eating on WW (to see exactly how many calories it really was. I did not eat back my exercise calories all that time and lost 6 lbs, and then plateued and was CONSTANTLY hungry still. ( the calories ended up being around 1200-1400 per day.)

As of last sunday, I started only following mfp, at 1 lb/week and eating back my exercise calories. I am NOT starving, and broke through to drop 4 more pounds!

Eat em' folks! Don't starve, it might work for some, but this girl likes to EAT and LOSE!

Replies

• paulyarwooduk
    Options
    Interesting that but it goes to show that sometimes you have to eat more in order to drop the pounds. When my body tells me it's hungry I feed it but I also listen to it when it tells me that it's full but I also exercise every day and like you I've lost too :o)
  • keekee1804
    keekee1804 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    See my problem is, after I eat my daily calories I'm not in the least bit hungry, and I feel like if I eat back my net calories I'll get sick, I try to do small things like peanut butter or fruit but I still can't get my net over 200-400. That's awesome that you found something that works for you! Maybe I'll find some way to get in those exercise cals someday lol
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I was doing WW too......and did not like it. I always felt hungry! and I was staying the same stupid 155!

Now doing MFP, I have lost almost 2 pounds (not huge, but it's a loss!!) and never really feel hungry! I love to eat and I do!!
  • Heathail
    Heathail Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I am very frusterated...I have been following MFP pretty closely and only lost .2 this week. On week three and only down 5.6. I have been working out 4/5 days a week. Needless to say I'm at a loss...

Maybe I will try eating back 1/2 of my calories and see if that helps.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I too, am a firm believer in eating back exercise calories! When I first signed up for MFP, I was very skeptical about eating back calories I burned off but as soon as I started I lost weight like crazy! :D So even though this is Round 2 of MFP for me I am still refusing to leave my net cals under 1197! ;) Good luck with your weight loss! Xo
  • lgtheright1
    lgtheright1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I eat some of the calories back ... I don't necessarily aim to be at 0 calories left. I go based on how I feel and If I'm hungry.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I actually struggle to eat all those calories back. I don't intentionally do it but many days I have 500 or more left at bedtime and I can't possibly eat that much before bed! I've been "saving" them for a splurge day each week so at least my weekly goal is closer. I didn't lose this week though so it's stories like yours that make me want to plan my food better with the exercise calories I think I'll burn.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Refreshing to see a woman on here who's not afraid to eat. Great job.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the other way to look at it is... It's no race and you may have to experience a bit to find out what exactly works for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!