Those who weigh themselves everyday...

Options
do you usually log in the least heaviest you were in the week or do you put in the number of the day you usually weigh yourself? I use to weigh myself once a week [Fridays], but then decided to weigh myself every day to see how much of a difference it was during the week. Now I'm kind of disappointed at the fact that Wednesday I was at my least heaviest this week at 154.8, as opposed to today, 156.8, same weight I was at last Friday.

What do you think? Do you log in your least heaviest weight or the number of the day you usually weigh yourself?

Replies

• AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, bur record only fridays. I gained a lb since yesterday, but I dont log in the lower weight, just whatever it is on friday :flowerforyou:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Same. Weigh myself every "morning", but only actually record it once a week. If I'm not going to lose that week, I'd rather know in advance, than be shocked and disappointed on the weekly weigh-in.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i just record whenever there is a loss. If I gain I do not record. I will record again only when I weigh less than my last lowest weight. :smile:
  • AshleyAmmerman
    Options
    If your must weigh yourself everyday, then just a pick one day a week that you record your weight. Whether it is the highest or lowest record it on that day, every time it is that day. Also try to weigh yourself around the same time of the day. When you first wake up is ideal. But really, ya should try not to weigh yourself daily. Through the week your weight will fluctuate. Everyone's does. Don't stress it! Your doing great!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday (sometimes several times a day). I only log when I lose, no matter what day it is or how many days it's been since I last logged.
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    I weigh once a week and only record if I have lost.
  • Ericgunner
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and record results, and I do a weekly update for all my friends this works for me okay.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i just record whenever there is a loss. If I gain I do not record. I will record again only when I weigh less than my last lowest weight. :smile:
    This. :)
  • foxylexx
    Options
    i also weigh myself daily, but since i started this on a saturday, i only put in what i weigh on saturdays so i can see a complete loss
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily as well but only log on Monday. Like you, I am usually lighter mid-week, but I still only record on Monday. I think it's a better gauge of my 'actual weight'.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but wait to see numbers that are consistent for at least 3 days before I will log it. I do not get freaked out by highs or lows until I see them for 3 days!

D
  • Malissas
    Malissas Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and log every morning's reading whether its up or down.
    I consider Fridays to be my true weigh in day though, so if I say I have lost xx it is from the friday to friday weight.
    I like seeing the wavy line in the reports menu and the ups and downs are reassuring that my body is working and my hormones are working etc. Also the most reassurance is that the wavy line is going down!
  • vasare
    vasare Posts: 18
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day since I do the up/down calorie days. I only weigh myself after the down calorie days (where I eat more soups and really healthy stuff) because then I know my body isn't bloated. I recod losses only. Helps keep me motivated, because then I need to keep it up.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and record whenever there's a loss. It's more motivating that way, and it's all about the overall trend, not a particular day. For me recording a gain then a loss would defeat the object. I don't want any 'WTG!'s when it's not the lowest I've been!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    This. :)
    Ditto
  • ETC80
    ETC80 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and record it using an app for the iPhone (Target Weight by Tactio).

I record my weight on MFP on Wednesdays....

On the weekends I (usually) indulge in a little alcohol and extra sodium, and I feel the water-retention's all gone by Wednesday...for me, at least...
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and record it on a program on my phone. I only actually post it on here if I lose weight. Usually it only fluctuates by about a pound during the week and it helps me so that I can be careful about what I eat if I notice it's going up a little. I always weigh myself at the same time of day wearing the same thing so that normal weight fluctuations throughout the day and clothing don't have as much of an impact.
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but only record once a week (now Mondays), and I only record losses, not gains, because the way I eat, I know it's not real weight gain.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I weight everyday, in some cases more than once a day (just from curiosity)...
    I only record it once a week for challenges, or else
    I weight in, in MFP when there is at least one pound loss or gain.
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and record twice a week. I record on Tuesdays so that I remember to get off to a good start for the week and also on saturdays so that I remember to keep strong on the weekends. If for some reason I'm out of town on saturday morning or can't weigh at the same time of day, I just skip to the next day.
    I record the weight no matter whether it's up or down from the last weigh in. Usually by the next weigh in day it'll have even out any fluctuation.
    I refuse to let fluctuation bother me, of course I also always round up to the nearest pound too, which "avoids" some fluctuation. So if my scale says 245.0 or 244.2 I record 245 as my weight in both cases.