low cal alternatives i recently discovered!

v13roses
v13roses Posts: 7 Member
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
okay so this week i've been looking around the grocery for things that i can eat and not feel guilty about and i've found quite a few things. not only are they low cal but they actually all taste soo good, which i need because the best part of food is taste..obvioulsy.

tofutti better than cream cheese (seriously tastes like cream cheese 60 cals in 2 tablespoons)

better than peanut butter (found it in the organic section..100 cals in 2 tablespoons, ACTUALLY tastes good! AND like peanut butter)

shaw's light raisin english muffins (90 cals....with tofutti=dessert!)

olivio buttery spray (0 cals, this is the best zero calorie spray in my opinion..i've tried them all and this one is best.

also..some things i enjoy for snacks to curb my appetite but not worry about too many calories are..

1. plain oatmeal with sugar free syrup 100 cals (breakfast or dessert)
2. plain oatmeal made with 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, sweetener, and water (135 calories..breakfast or dessert)
3.quaker yellow corn meal with olivio spray 90 cals (usually a good snack...i like the texture and the buttery taste)
4. sugar free jell-o 5-10 cals (alothough sometimes it makes me more hungry)
5. hard boiled egg whites dipped in honey mustard 17 cals/white (it's weird but tastes really good)
6. caramel rice cake with 1 tablespoon fluff 70 cals (satisfies sweet tooth)
or spread tofutti or better than peanut butter depending on what taste you're craving
7. sugar free fat free cheesecake pudding made with almond milk (you dont have to make the whole package..i usually use half and mix it with a cup or less of milk..it's thick and delicious and makes a great low cal desert around 160 calories)

Replies

• v13roses
    v13roses Posts: 7 Member
    okay so this week i've been looking around the grocery for things that i can eat and not feel guilty about and i've found quite a few things. not only are they low cal but they actually all taste soo good, which i need because the best part of food is taste..obvioulsy.

tofutti better than cream cheese (seriously tastes like cream cheese 60 cals in 2 tablespoons)

better than peanut butter (found it in the organic section..100 cals in 2 tablespoons, ACTUALLY tastes good! AND like peanut butter)

shaw's light raisin english muffins (90 cals....with tofutti=dessert!)

olivio buttery spray (0 cals, this is the best zero calorie spray in my opinion..i've tried them all and this one is best.

also..some things i enjoy for snacks to curb my appetite but not worry about too many calories are..

1. plain oatmeal with sugar free syrup 100 cals (breakfast or dessert)
    2. plain oatmeal made with 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, sweetener, and water (135 calories..breakfast or dessert)
    3.quaker yellow corn meal with olivio spray 90 cals (usually a good snack...i like the texture and the buttery taste)
    4. sugar free jell-o 5-10 cals (alothough sometimes it makes me more hungry)
    5. hard boiled egg whites dipped in honey mustard 17 cals/white (it's weird but tastes really good)
    6. caramel rice cake with 1 tablespoon fluff 70 cals (satisfies sweet tooth)
    or spread tofutti or better than peanut butter depending on what taste you're craving
    7. sugar free fat free cheesecake pudding made with almond milk (you dont have to make the whole package..i usually use half and mix it with a cup or less of milk..it's thick and delicious and makes a great low cal desert around 160 calories)
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    mmmm..... interesting now you say the peanut butter REALLY tastes like peanut butter?
    My son will not eat the fake stuff personally I don't blame him.
    I have been searching for something like this where is it sold?:bigsmile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    I love the sugar free fat free cheesecake pudding! Top it with strawberries or black berries and it makes the perfect mid-afternoon treat when that darn minute hand seems to stop moving around the clock at work :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.