Hello to all, joined a week ago.

Hi, my name is Donna...I live in Florida. Just introducting myself. I am here to help motivate me to lose a final thirty pounds. I was always an average size until I started having my children. I went from 116 to 197 in the four years of back-to-back children (3). So, in 2004 I woke up one morning and said that is enough and six months later I was 70 pounds lighter. I went from a size 18-20 to a size 6...through exercise and 1,000 calories a day. So, this past October I had to have a major operation and through that I entered into early menopause...yuck...and so I am guessing that is what initiated the recent weight gain...20 pounds in two months. So, my goal is to lose thirty pounds before the summers end. I have lost ten pounds so far, but I know that the last bit seems to be the most difficult to lose. Anyhow, this is my story. Wish me well...

Replies

• labubske
    labubske Posts: 2
    Hi, my name is Donna...I live in Florida. Just introducting myself. I am here to help motivate me to lose a final thirty pounds. I was always an average size until I started having my children. I went from 116 to 197 in the four years of back-to-back children (3). So, in 2004 I woke up one morning and said that is enough and six months later I was 70 pounds lighter. I went from a size 18-20 to a size 6...through exercise and 1,000 calories a day. So, this past October I had to have a major operation and through that I entered into early menopause...yuck...and so I am guessing that is what initiated the recent weight gain...20 pounds in two months. So, my goal is to lose thirty pounds before the summers end. I have lost ten pounds so far, but I know that the last bit seems to be the most difficult to lose. Anyhow, this is my story. Wish me well...
  • tessanoodles
    tessanoodles Posts: 7 Member
    You've come to the right place! I know I've started losing weight just by thinking about what I'm going to eat, and what'll be better for me :D

Good luck!
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Welcome, Donna! Your body sure has been through the ultimate Female Gauntlet, from childbirth to surgery to menopause . . . so take some time to appreciate all that your body has been capable of! Best of luck reaching your goal!
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    <duplicate>
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: