Cabbage recipes

Options
I have a huge craving for cabbage, but not sure how I want to prepare it. I also have some smoked turkey wings, carrots, onions, leeks, and every condiment known to man. Any ideas?

Replies

• shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    mmm cabbage soup with turkey
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Chop a head of red cabbage, 1/2 onion and an apple. Throw in large pan with s&p, ~1/4 cup raspberry vinegar, 1/4-1/2cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup broth. Cover (though not completly so a little steam can be released) and simmer for about 45 minutes.

About 40 minutes in, add some chopped nuts - i like hazlenuts or walnuts.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CABBAGE!!!!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Just the other day I threw this together and it was easy and YUM!

Rip off the green cabbage leaves and either rip in half, thirds or even leave them whole -- heat a skillet with spray olive oil (I used my misto) and throw the cabbage in for a few minutes... keeping the flame high and then throw in a couple of shots of rice vinegar. I used seasoned rice vinegar - basil & oregano flavor. Cook in skillet for a bit longer until some is browned and it is soft (mostly). This was SO SO GOOD! (and so easy!)
  • hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    BUMP! My Baba and Dedo( grandma and grandpa) are Ukrainian and Polish and they use cabbage in a lot of recipes! =)
  • peacheywoo
    peacheywoo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If your carbs allow try Colcannon

I use light mayo instead of cream and butter which will cut the calories down and you really don't taste it.....

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2649/colcannon
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    If your carbs allow try Colcannon

I use light mayo instead of cream and butter which will cut the calories down and you really don't taste it.....

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2649/colcannon

MMMM. Great ideas folks.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i will usually toss it in a stir fry..or you can make a slaw and put it on a sandwich with a lil mayo and apple cider vinegar, throw in some sugar to sweeten it up!

add it in soup

make cabbage wraps with the turkey (ground would be good) like stuffed cabbage
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    yum I love cabbage!