How many of you..

Ditched it scale? I actually completely got rid of mine. I take measurements from time to time, but was sick of constantly weighing myself and getting all hung up over it.

The scale is the most convenient, not the most accurate :]

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    I still use the scale every week, but I mostly just go by what I see in the mirror and how many holes I pass on my belt =p
  • angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    I do weigh myself and whilst dieting i try to every week or so for encouragement more than anything, but i refuse point blank to own a pair. I know i would be on them at least every day and i consider that a very unhealthy attitude.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    I still have it, but mostly just out of curiosity... I like seeing how my weight changes morning to night, pre to post workout, etc. I do watch overall trends, but generally put little value on the actual number it shows at any given time.
  • MrsTomkins
    MrsTomkins Posts: 64 Member
    I agree.. I use the scale as sort of a gold star for myself.. but really it is all about how the clothes are fitting.. I am doing a strength training program so I know that my weight may stay the same or even go up because of muscle but it doesn't mean the inches aren't going down :)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    I own one, and will hop on when I wonder if I need to be eating more, but I don't at all use it as a point of reference. I don't take measurements either. I just exist ;)
  • i still have mine, it is running low on battery so i refuse to believe it is accurate! LOL do i want to get rid of it No, i like jumping on there and checking where i am i consider it motivation
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    i did it unintentionally. i dont have a scale at home. and quit the gym.

soooooo. i guess ill buy one eventually. i dont care what the number is for now
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Yes. Bye bye scale! It was getting me down. :)
  • I don't even own one and don't plan on it! I'm judging my progress by how my clothes look and how I feel ... tho I do weigh myself when I visit my parents or my bf parents house just to see what it has to say :smile:
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    I can't see me getting rid of my scales.. even when I reach my goal weight, I'll still check it at least once a week to make sure I haven't gone over and need to cut calories or increase exercise to get back down again.
  • Mines actually died.. I think the battery in it went out or something and I just chalked it up to good luck for me.. seeing as I used to weigh myself constantly. I never got new batteries and have since placed it in a box somewhere out of the way. If I want a weigh in though, I'll use the wii fit board for a quick body test. It isn't super accurate, but it gives me some idea where I stand.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Scale, clothing fit and mirror every Tuesday after a few days of my normal/lighter eating, gives me a pretty good idea of where I'm at, aside from that sometimes I do just to see how much water weight a workout got rid of out of curiosity.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    My husband actually took a sledge-hammer to our scale about 20 years ago, during my years of gaining, when I'd step on it and then get all pissed off. I now weigh about once every week or two at the gym or at a friend's who has a good scale and where some of us meet for a diet/exercise support group. I will never own a scale again.
  • I own one, and will hop on when I wonder if I need to be eating more, but I don't at all use it as a point of reference. I don't take measurements either. I just exist ;)

This actually sounds more like me xD hahah
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    I have mine but mostly just because it sits in my bathroom. I used to be obsessive about it... weigh in everyday.. multiple times a day but it wasn't doing me any good. Now I jump on it from time to time but stopped really weighing in everyday. I try to weigh in once a week just to see where I'm at but don't really use that number for much of anything.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    I still weight myself but only once a week. It's not completely accurate but it's fun for what it's worth.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    I weigh weekly, but don't concern myself with minor fluctuations
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    I'm never getting rid of my scale. I only weigh myself once a week, not daily or multiple times a day like some people do and last time I stopped weighing myself altogether I fell off my diet and gained sixty pounds. I understand fluctuations and don't get discouraged by what is says if I know I've been eating right and exercising. But for me, getting rid of my scale would be a disaster.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    I have one but don't really use it for weight loss purposes (probably because I'm not trying to lose weight... maybe come summer) I do like to use it for measuring packages to ship and for entertainment purposes like before and afters of a big poop, unfortunatly it only weighs in pounds and not Couric's.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I should, but I like having the data for my nerdy chart. :tongue: