Bicycle Challenge

Options
singfree
singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
Anyone want to do a biking challenge? Set a goal for this year, 500, 1000 (or more) miles. Keep track of your weekly miles and post them here. I would like to do at least 1500 miles this year.

How about you?

Replies

• singfree
    Options
    Anyone want to do a biking challenge? Set a goal for this year, 500, 1000 (or more) miles. Keep track of your weekly miles and post them here. I would like to do at least 1500 miles this year.

How about you?
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    I am working on this, I set a goal of 1,000 miles biking and 500 miles running. I have been thinking about raising my biking goal to 1,500 miles. I am already at 474 miles bike and 180 miles running so far this year.
  • singfree
    Options
    I'll have to sit down and calculate it, but I have around 200+ miles in this year. It is just starting to warm up here in PA, so I should be able to average 100 miles per week throughout the spring & summer.
  • kitteerae
    kitteerae Posts: 65
    Options
    How do you keep track of the miles you bicycle???
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I would like to do that when it gets warmer. How do you keep track of your miles, and when does this start? (It's been raining too much here for me to get out.)
  • singfree
    Options
    You can track your miles with your bike computer (digital speedometer) and log it in a journal. You can also go to www.mapmyride.com. This is a site where you can chart your ride on an interactive map, which will then tell you how far you've gone. Best of all, it's FREE.

You can start this any time, it's all up to you. Just post your results periodically on this thread and let everyone know how you're doing!
  • singfree
    Options
    Rode 20+ miles last evening, HRM indicated 916 cals burned. Bonked on an hill climb 3 miles to home. Really need to fuel up before the ride.