Forgot to rinse the beans, what can happen?

Options
puggleperson
puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
So I made a crock pot recipe that called for black beans. It said I would need to soak them over night and then rinse them before I put them in the crock pot. Well, as the titel says I forgot to rinse them :sad: :devil: Was i suppose to rinse them because they have pestisides or any crap on them? Is my whole recipe ruined now??

Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the only reason to rinse them is to get the slimy bean stuff off of them, i bet you won't even be able to tell
  • ang2001
    ang2001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Were they in a can or bag? Can you're fine. I think the bag ones should be free of pesticides but I don't know. I always rinse them b/c there are bad beans you gotta pick out or something....Did you soak them overnight and use the water you soaked them in??
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    yes I used the water I soaked them in and they were dry beans.. LOL There is no way I can throw out this food so i am just going ot eat it and if I die i die :DDDD
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have heard that if you rinse the beans after you soak them, the beans aren't as "gassy". Might be a wives tale, might be true, I don't know. Also the soaking liquid should be very dark and beautiful... there might be a little "dust" on the beans, but eh, call it "secret flavoring".
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    They might make the rest of your food look a little purple and weird, but I've had them without rinsing and they were fine.
  • JulieSchreier
    Options
    You just get more gas :)