tofu

Options
what are some fast, easy way to season tofu?

Replies

• magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There is a product called "Tofu Scrambler" that makes tofu a lot like scrambled eggs.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    would love to know this too! i usually just marinate it in the sauce i'm using...
  • CLC900709
    CLC900709 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    There is a product called "Tofu Scrambler" that makes tofu a lot like scrambled eggs.
    well i already bought extra firm tofu. i was going to cook it in the skillet real fast then i realized it wasnt flavored/seasoned,. clearly this is my first time buying/eating it! haha
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i always marinate mine.

cut it how you want, dry it. dry fry on the pan, press down to take out extra water, flip until golden. then marinate it in the sauce you want then add it to the food you're making!!

i usually throw it in stir fries so i marinate it in some soy cause, sesami oil, teriyaki sauce and onion
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    this takes a little prep, but cooking is fast: 1 package of firm tofu, drained and put on a plate in the freezer for 2-4 hours. Thaw it on paper towels and squeeze exess moisture out. (this puts tiny holes throughout to soak in flavor) marinate in 1/4 cup franks hot sauce thinned with water and lemon juice. in a food processor blend 1 cup plain fiber one cereal, 1/4 cut cornmeal, dried cilantro,paprika,chili powder, black pepper, and ms dash no salt southwestern chipoltle season. preheat oven to 400 and spray a cookie sheet with pam. Take tofu and cut into strips or chunks and roll in cereal mix. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. for dessert, 1 pack of drained silken tofu, pureed with 1tbs vanilla and 2tsp splenda. Melt 3/4 cup of dark chocolate and immediately blend with tofu, pour into graham cracker pie shell (buy it, make it, up to you) and place in fridge for a few hours. Slice and enjoy the chocolate cheesefake!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Pardon me while I say, TOFU RULES!!! Man, I love that stuff!!!!

I love to season my cubed tofu with Chinese 5-spice, garlic, ginger, scallions, sriracha and a little tamari sauce. Little olive oil, and mix well and let it soak for a couple of hours...

Prep up some nice vegetables like baby bok choy, carrots, onions, colorful peppers thin strips, mushrooms, cabbage threads, bean sprouts...

Grabbing my wok, I cook my tofu first - cooks REAL fast... remove when it has a nice golden color - retain the juices and stir fry the vegetables in the wok...

Bowl of fresh chicken stock and pour in one nice noodle bowl with shirataki noodles..

OHHHHHH this dish makes me a happy girl!
  • cawatkins2
    Options
    just saw a recipe for tofu with barbeque sauce......
  • leenites
    leenites Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Get extra soft tofu, mash it and mix it with oatmeal. Cook the oatmeal and it tastes great!
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    Love tofu. I make my own tofu scramble... I just buy extra firm, drain, press out the extra liquid between paper towels. Cut into small chunks and put it in a frying pan with a spritz of olive oil. Tofu will absorb the flavor of whatever you cook it in. For my breakfast scramble I use cumin, pepper, garlic and onion and let it cook until I can get it a little brown. I have learned to not mess with it too much or it can crumble smaller.
    After about 20 minutes I add diced zuchini and yellow squash. Cook until the vegetables are tender then add fresh diced tomatoes and a little feta ( I am lebanese so i love it). ... quickly dish out. My kids love it. The tofu to me has the texture of scrambled eggs.

Kelle
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Oh man marinated tofu is the best! I love marinating it in a combination of soy sauce, ginger, tons of garlic and cilantro and a splash of orange or pineapple juice.

BBQ sauce is great too if you're in a rush!
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    none