Wii Fit??

Options
Anyone have this? Do you like it? Suggestions, comments, thoughts appreciated....

Replies

• Hayesgang
    Options
    I enjoy it - I don't use it for a workout but it's fun to see the progress you can make.

I do my "fit test" a few times a week - that is my scale.
  • lmiller857
    lmiller857 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have wii fit and i think its a great tool to get you motivated and moving there are a lot of games and challenges that are fun to do. I utilize the yoga quite a bit. I have quite a few exercise programs on the wii and i like almost all of them
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    SMALLRF.jpg

THATS OBESE LMAOOOOO THATS ONLY THING I DONT LIKE ABOUT WII FIT but omg other then that I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WII FIT!!!!!
  • amdsdc
    amdsdc Posts: 23
    Options
    I enjoy it as well. I have bought a few games to play on there as workouts, but you dont burn as many calories if you were doing an elliptical or treadmill. I like to mix it into my workouts just to make it a little more enjoyable!
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    I also you it for my scale. I trackes everything for you and you can go back and see your progress.

I do like it for the games for the kids so, we have alot of fun playing on it. We get very competitive and have to try and out score eachother. I think it was worth buying!!
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    I do Zumba Fitness and I love it.
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yeah i have it - At the beginning i really enjoyed it and done it everyday but once my fitness levels increased i found i wasn't burning alot. I still use it now and again ( today actually ) mainly for the jogging. I think its good. Good luck xx
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's fun and that makes me stick with it.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I have one and used it a lot to start with - and I like the free step if I couldn't get to the gym as you can watch the tv at the same time so you don't get bored! I bought a cheerleader game as I thought I could do it with the step daughter but it's too faffy, but I like the Active games too - I don't have Zumba but loads of people on here love it :-)
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Love it, My wife and boys work out on it. And we all do a family weigh in Biggest Loser Style weekly it records progress and allows for goal setting. Best thing about it for me is seeing my children learn to lose weight for one and for the skinny one to see how he is maintaining and gaining as he grows
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit but I don't use it much. I do like the Just Dance for Wii...that gets the heart pumping and is fun....but, I do that more for fun too. Rather, get yourself a Jillian DVD..they are under $10 in most places (30 Day Shred and Ripped In 30) are two favorites.

They are only 20-25 minutes long and have various levels so anyone at any fitness level can do them. You do get ripped if you do them at least 5x per week.
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    my son likes to make up his own exercise routines with the yoga and strength. The yoga isn't as easy as you might think! Good for a change up and to get kids moving. The bird game really works your arm muscles!!!!! You'll look a bit ridiculous but feel it the next day. :-D
  • myflagstix
    myflagstix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the Wii Fit for Yoga and fun stuff but for a better workout get the Zumba. I still an extreme movie at Zumba - but it is a great workout.
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have the wii fit + and its awesome!! I used it A LOT when I was first trying to make some healthy changes. Its normally no more then about 2lbs different from my bathroom digital scale too. :)

I really enjoy the "Free step".. I put it on 30 mins and put it to max speed and then go even faster then the Mii. It tells you at 30mins to shoot for 2800 steps... My average is 4000. (which if you think about every mile being about 2000 steps, thats 2 miles in 30mins.)- You can track that as "Step ups, Vigorous" (but only if you go SUPER fast and blow it up).. But its great!!!!

I would recommend the wii fit + to everyone. Even more "advanced" people. I think its awesome!!
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    SMALLRF.jpg

THATS OBESE LMAOOOOO THATS ONLY THING I DONT LIKE ABOUT WII FIT but omg other then that I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WII FIT!!!!!

LMFAO... Isnt that total crap!? Thats the worst part.. they say it all happy like.. "THATS OBESE!" lmfao
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I mainly use mine as a scale. That is how I weigh myself once a week. However, I do like some of the stuff on there. I do the step ups and the jackknives. Those are my favs. I can get my heartbeat up doing step ups just as much as I can walking on the treadmill so when I can't do the gym but need to do a workout this is an option.
  • Supercatie80
    Supercatie80 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Wii Fit but I have used one. They can be a lot of fun. The balance games are good but I would reccommend getting a one of the silicon covers for it, I almost slipped off of the board without one.

If you don't want to spend the money for a Wii Fit, there are other products out there. You can even get a workout using Wii Sports or Wii Sports Resort. I always break a sweat doing the boxing or the sword fighting. Admittedly you need to make it to the harder opponents but that's not too difficult.
    You can get 2lb weight dumbells for the controller and nunchucks to get more out of your workout. Those are about $20. EA Sports has a game called Wii Activ that you can purchase for working out also, approx. another $20.

Good luck!
  • suemurphy2010
    Options
    I tried Wii fit and fit plus, didn't like it (my boys do though) I'm now using EA Sports Active Personal Trainer for Wii and I've seen a huge difference and it's fun too.
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the wii fit and the games, it doesn't feel as if you're exercising. Getting the just dance 2 for my birthday next week so can't wait to try that.Also love doing the wee body tests and using the scales, they are def accurate as they read the same on my bathroom scales.
  • archivalbiz
    archivalbiz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit is how I started the exercise portion of my weight loss journey in November 2008. I quickly lost the last 10 lbs to reach my goal weight. People would ask how I got so fit, and I'd say, 'Wii Fit' and they'd say, "Really?!!' I think we all have different exercise issues; I had been very, very active as a young adult, but then got into a very sedentary situation and gained 35 lbs. I lost the first 25 using Ediets; it wasn't what I was eating as much as it was how much I was eating. LOL.

Anyway, like any exercise, it has to engage you and you have to enjoy doing it. I love the interactivity of the Wii; I now use Wii Active 2 w/Personal Trainer to enhance the other fitness activity that I do. I must say I preferred the second Wii Fit more than the first one. Also, for what it's worth, the American Heart Association has recommended the Wii for exercise which I think says a lot about its ability to get people moving.

Good luck in your journey...the fact you're doing it is a great step!!