What happens when you get to your goal weight?

Options
Just asking, for those who have reached theirs---how is life treating you?? Do you log in everyday or just occasionally when you know you've been bad? I'm curious...I'm almost there.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You continue on this journey for life. It has to be a lifestyle change. Going back makes you gain. I've had small gains, but go back to basics and take it off. My tracker reflects my holiday gain from last year. I go up and down a few pounds, but that's life!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I set a new goal of muscle gain
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

yup. always areas for me to improve.
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    I think it is really about what works for you. I have been maintaining for about 2 months so not real long and I still check in regularly. I am one of those people that weighs myself everyday but I also do not get freaked out about a couple pounds either way. I know there will be fluctuation day to day and I am ok with that. I also record off and on so I know I am staying on track with things most days I don't finish out the record but I have a good idea of how the day went.
    Good luck and feel free to friend me if you would like. I would love to have a couple more friends that are on maintenance.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that some of you set new goals. I used to think that maintenance was the hardest part but if I set new goals to meet, then you are always improving instead of standing still. Thanks!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You go into maintenance mode. I still log every day to keep me on track, plus I have made a ton of good friends that I still have to chat with daily. Live is GREAT!!!
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm almost there but I did not lose all this weight only to find it again. I can't imagine going back to my old miserable ways!
    I plan to keep using mfp to track my calories and its a good tool to use when you plan on going out to eat.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I expect a parade,and a national holiday
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I still log my food and see what's happening with my MFP friends. They've supported me throughout my weight loss and I'm not going to let them down either.
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    i'd miss my friends if i didnt log on. an i can keep an eye on how im doing.....stop any bad habits from creeping in
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The difference between losing weight and maintaining is less than 200 calories difference, so not much has changed for me.

I do like having a goal ahead of me, though. When I first started, my goal was to be able to run a 5k. Now my goal is to be able to run a 5k in under 21 minutes. I'm at 25 minutes, so it's a big jump, but I've never trained for speed before, so... who knows?
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm all in for new goals and new levels of fitness.

yup. always areas for me to improve.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I used to wonder the same thing ... what it would feel like to be done?

Then I reached my initial goal, and I realized that you're never really "done." You still have to monitor what you eat. You still have to work out. And, in my opinion, the only way you're going to keep the weight off and maintain your good habits is to keep setting goals, as others have mentioned.

I have completely cut out cardio in favor of heavy strength training, and my diet is actually cleaner now than it was when I was losing because I have strength and body composition goals I'm working toward now. The workouts I do now are harder than anything I did was actively trying to lose weight. But the process as a whole is easier because I know what I'm fighting for now. When I was losing weight, I didn't know what it would feel like to be "thin," so it was just a leap of faith. Now, I know what it's like, and that makes it easier to make the right decisions.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Zombie Apocalypse, I'd assume.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your feedback! :flowerforyou:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

This is what I'm doing this time (except I stopped a little short of my goal because I was sick of dieting).

Last time I got pregnant again.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm still logging - and my daily weight fluctuates like crazy! If I took it seriously I'd be really messed up some days. Still, I'd rather log my information and stay on track. It took too much work to get here to have to do it all over again!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

This is what will happen when I reach my goal weight.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

This is what will happen when I reach my goal weight.

When we both reach our goal weights: Sexy Apocalypse.
  • Dominicanbound
    Options
    I expect a parade,and a national holiday

Thanks for the laugh:-))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!