What happens in MFP stays in MFP

Options
Do you tell everyone you use MFP? I told few friends and family and they are like what is that?

Also, how many of you use the MFP app on your phone?

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend knows I use MFP, but as to whether he wants details or not...doubt it! :happy:

I wish I could use the apps, but my phone isn't quite fancy enough. I can get to the website with my phone, but it's much easier to use from a computer for me.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I tell everyone. People always are asking me, "How did you do it????" and although I know that I put in the work to get healthy, I don't know how I could have done it without this amazing tool and the awesome support I get on here.

I don't have a smart phone, so I just use the website, no app.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I use MFP on my phone, I had a blackberry and the app was ok. Just got an iPhone a fews ago & the app is so much better for the iPhone! love it!!!
  • Timothytim2
    Options
    Love the MFP app for my phone, believe that's what keeps me on track and has made me successful even when I eat things I shouldn't!
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I tell lots of people but no one knows what it is...oh well their loss!!! I love the app too
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    mfp app on blackberry blows. i use it on my itouch lol
  • idlose
    idlose Posts: 16
    Options
    I not only use it every day no matter what and i have told everyone who will listen about it. i think i have gotten about 10 ppl using it even my hubby. why hide it when something is soooooooo amazing?!!!!!
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A few people know I use "A thing on the internet to track my calories".
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't tell most people because I want them to notice on their own that I am losing weight. Sometimes when people know your trying to lose weight they say you look like you lost a ton of weight just to be nice.

BUT If I know someone who is trying to lose weight also then I share the site. My sister and my friend have both checked it out.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I tell anyone who asks and I do use the Smart phone app. My favorite feature is the bar code scanner. Love it!!!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I tell EVERYONE!!!!! It's awesome... My hubby is on it too.... We both LOVE the app for the iphone.
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I tried to tell people about it in the beginning...but they don't seem to get it so I don't bother anymore. Plus, I think I secretly want to keep it to myself! If I didn't have the app on my phone I don't know what I would do!!
  • fmeisele
    Options
    I tell everyone and use the iPhone app, you can't make it any easier then MFP does.
  • nukehiker
    Options
    i tell lots of people about it but whether or not they decide they use it or not is up to them. yea i use the android app too. in fact one time i was out eating with the family and my say who are you texting now ? and i told her i was logging my dinner in MFP !!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Not really. when people ask how I am doing it, I tell them about MFP, but that's about it. If they join, they'll see what it is all about.

I started using my phone app (iPhone) before I found the website. I love them both!! my phone for the convenience and the website for the more robust community aspect.
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I tell my close friends that have expressed an interest in losing weight and encouraged them to join because of all the great support. I also use the Droid app and love it. It's so handy to record calories at any time.
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I have told anybody. I do use the phone app sometimes.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty private person, I guess, I can't imagine when I'd even have the occasion to be telling someone about MFP, to be honest. LOL So, no, it's never really come up.

I would tell a friend about it if they were looking to get healthier and I thought they'd want a good way to log calories, and maybe even talk on the message board.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    If the subject comes up, I tell people.
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hubby does. No one else because then I'll get far too much unsolicited, useless and incorrect advice about weight loss ;)