Whats better???

Options
Okay so i was trying to Figure out what my schedule was going to be for working out and all.. and i think i kind of went over board and i dont know?
I have 6 days of working out, and then Sunday for just like a jog or something, plus eating healthy and everything
is that better then going for 3 days a week?
I honestly don't know i just don't want to risk gaining ANY pounds back on the days i take off.
Plus the 6 days i have of doing stuff its all like zumba, Power.. Centery and and kick.
Was also thinking of doing step
but i wanted to know if its healthier going less days a week or more? :/

Replies

• jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    More burns more calories, just pay attention to your body and give it a break if needed, and make sure your eating enough for what you burn
  • ali826
    Options
    yeah what Jake said, just watch portion size, youll do great
  • princesspan
    Options
    I would give yourself a break sometimes. Even people training to run marathons give themselves a rest day. Your body needs time to recover.
    If you want to exercise 6 days instead of 3, go for it, but it isn't necessary. Weight loss is all about calories in vs calories out. If you don't eat like a maniac on your days off (more than 3500 calories), you won't gain weight on those days.
  • Booots233
    Options
    More burns more calories, just pay attention to your body and give it a break if needed, and make sure your eating enough for what you burn
    Okay sounds good and thank you, ! Your a lot of help (:
  • Booots233
    Options
    I would give yourself a break sometimes. Even people training to run marathons give themselves a rest day. Your body needs time to recover.
    If you want to exercise 6 days instead of 3, go for it, but it isn't necessary. Weight loss is all about calories in vs calories out. If you don't eat like a maniac on your days off (more than 3500 calories), you won't gain weight on those days.
    Oh my , thank you i will take a day off at least once a week. :) Hopefully it works ! thank you.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Studies show that less is more. People who work out in spurts tend to lose weight and are healthier than those who push themselves like gazelles. Moreover, you'll wear yourself out and burn out if you push yourself every day in long workouts. Many people don't feel as if they are doing anything if they don't constantly move. But a high intensity burst workout will burn calories 24 hours after it's over. A run burns calories only while you're running as a rule and very little afterwards if at all.
  • Booots233
    Options
    Studies show that less is more. People who work out in spurts tend to lose weight and are healthier than those who push themselves like gazelles. Moreover, you'll wear yourself out and burn out if you push yourself every day in long workouts. Many people don't feel as if they are doing anything if they don't constantly move. But a high intensity burst workout will burn calories 24 hours after it's over. A run burns calories only while you're running as a rule and very little afterwards if at all.
    so 1-2 days would off would be okay right? i mean it would only be an hour a day anyhow so im not to sure how it works im just getting into all this :)
  • chellesky
    Options
    Hiya Boots

I walk my dogs most days for at least an hour. To burn more calories you must sweat, so get the cardio system up
    interval training is best
    So say walk for 10 mins at 3.6 mph then 10 mins at 2.5 etc till the walk is finished.
    Same if you are using any cardio machine
    But the main thing is to sweat buckets!!! and you will shed them pounds.
    I lost a lot of weight in 2006 by doing at least 2 hours of exercise per day. This included stuff like housework and cardio
    and walking
    I would take a day off here and there, main thing is to listen to your body and what its telling you
    If you havent exercised for a while start with a 20 minute walk and build it up over a few weeks
    Then after about a month or so add in some cardio and strength training, If you feel sore, go swimming
    Keep to lower impact workouts till you get a bit fitter. xx Chelle
  • Booots233
    Options
    Thank you alot chell ill also try that:)
  • RedHeadChick
    RedHeadChick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You will need time for your body to recover from working out. 1-2 days off is usually good. Make sure you are alternating your fitness programs. Do cardio one day and tone the next. This way you will not fatigue all the same muscles all the time. Balance is the key.

Also having a good nutritional plan will help. Eating clean is best. The more Live food you get the better. No boxed stuff! Try Michi Ladder. http://coachbillcowan.com/blog/uploaded/pdfs/MichisLadder.pdf

Hope that helps you. I do understand about worrying about gaining. But don't worry, stress will only wear you down. Take one day at a time and change up your workouts so you don't get bored.