FOR THE LGBT COMMUNITY

Options
groups_22_45119.jpg

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22-lgbt-pals

Come out! Come out! Come out! Your silence is no longer required. :flowerforyou:

The LGBT+ Group is growing every day. It's in the Top 5 of most populous groups so far, and I know that there are more of you out there lurking in the shadows wondering if it's really safe to come out. It is! :drinker: The MFP environment has changed dramatically this week for the better, and it's only going to get better in the future.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22-lgbt-pals

This group is a safe haven in which the LGBT+ community can discuss what is affecting their lives, relationships, careers, etc. You are welcome here if you're lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, questioning, intersex, asexual, pansexual, queer, gender queer, gender neutral, gender variant, polyamorous, closeted, out, androgynous, ally, undefined, parent/guardian of LGBT+ or if you simply don't fit a label or don't like labels. Feel free to openly discuss whatever is on your mind here, but be respectful of all members, follow all MFP and group rules, and remember that bashing of any kind is unacceptable. Have fun!

Come-Out-Come-Out-Wherever-You-Are.gif

Replies

• mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    Not sure why this needs to be posted here...
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I thought this was the Motivation and Support forum section...Ah yes, it is. Then I am in the right place. Thank you for making me look again though. I was worried I may have posted it elsewhere. You're swell. Now however there is a question on my mind about why you had to post here. O.o
  • AnneHolland
    Options
    I don't know why people think they can be so hateful! I'll be joining!
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Those kinds of hateful posts are exactly why a group like this is awesome. No hate allowed!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Although i'm not "of" the LGBT community, just wanted to stop by and say that you've got my support 110%! Anyone and everyone deserves support, acceptance, and motivation (well, maybe except the ignorant @$$holes, i'm not as nice as Candy). Keep growing it baby. May you ALL find what you need for success and happiness! :drinker:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Although i'm not "of" the LGBT community, just wanted to stop by and say that you've got my support 110%! Anyone and everyone deserves support, acceptance, and motivation (well, maybe except the ignorant @$$holes, i'm not as nice as Candy). Keep growing it baby. May you ALL find what you need for success and happiness! :drinker:

Allys of the community are welcome with open arms!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    double
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I've cleaned up this topic and removed the attacking/insulting post and posts that referenced it. Please make sure to keep the conversation civil. Those who attack and insult others risk having their posting privileges suspended or can even be banned from the site.

Thanks for your cooperation.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Groups with like-minded individuals can be helpful - like having people w/ similar weight goals. I'm not part of the gay/lesbian community, but I'd imagine there are stressors there that can affect weight loss, so having a place to talk about those things may well be helpful. I like greyhounds. Having lots of people around me who like greyhounds is fun. We can bemoan the fact that they don't make good running partners, and laugh at how funny that actually is.

Doesn't matter WHY someone wants to start a separate group, does it?
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I've cleaned up this topic and removed the attacking/insulting post and posts that referenced it. Please make sure to keep the conversation civil. Those who attack and insult others risk having their posting privileges suspended or can even be banned from the site.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Thank you Mike. :)
  • nudqt
    nudqt Posts: 98
    Options
    Open arms and OPEN MINDS......
  • JennedyJLD
    JennedyJLD Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The reason groups like this are necessary is so people can speak freely without worrying about others' reactions. We're a support community. We naturally reference things that are happening in our lives, and it's common to see posters refer to wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends, children, etc. There is something comforting in knowing that when your photo shows you're a woman and you're talking about your wife/girlfriend, people aren't gonna freak. Count me in!