Gym Workout Apps

Options
Does anyone have any good recommendations for gym workout apps? I want something to tell me what to do - or that I can input what I want to do and it either tells me or times me.. or something :) Yeah? No? :p

I'd prefer Android, but iOS apps welcome too as I have an iPod Touch. :)

Cheers.

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded P90X and I have Pocket Trainer as well.
  • Essexgirly
    Options
    Nikki, do you not get an induction at your gym? If you do, tell the trainer what your goals are and he/she should tailor the work out to suit what you want?

I personally find it a nuisance faffing around at the gym reading stuff to do on an app, and the more you use the equipment you can make up your own exercises. As a basic rule, i try to do 3 lots of 15 reps on each piece of equipment, and a general guide is that you are using the right weight if the last few reps get difficult to do, if you struggle from the start you need to use a lighter weight, or vice versa, if your muscles arnt tiring at the end of a set of reps, maybe you need to increase the weight!

Good luck :)
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I do get an induction, But I'm also a bit of a techno-junkie :p And I forget what I'm doing/where I'm up to..

I have a personal trainer friend writing me up some exercises to do for the beginning, so I'd just like to have them... written somewhere at easy grab/glance and my workout clothes don't have pockets :(
  • valencia08
    Options
    This app is amazing and its perfect for ipods.

http://www.nike.com/nikewomen/features/ntc?locale=en_US
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    There's plenty of free stuff on youtube. Have you checked there?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Jefit - but that's pretty much centered around weightlifting
  • Nikki582
    Options
    I LOVE the NTC app... but I am looking more for stuff to do at a gym, not at home :)
  • Nikki582
    Options
    I saw Jefit and it scared me :laugh:
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I downloaded "Seconds" (there's a free version and a pro version) so you can set yourself circuit programs or HIIT programs etc. It's pretty cool. I would probably only use it for cardio through as I prefer to do my weights to reps/sets and not time.