Newish to exercise. Do you have any advice for good programs

Options
I just completed the Couch to 5K program. Yay! It really works! :)

But that's not what I'm here to ask about. I have enjoyed going to the gym regularly these last ten or so weeks, but I think I need a new challenge. Any ideas?

I think I'll still try to run/jog at least once a week, but I am looking for a new program. Something challenging and motivating, but not too difficult for a woman who still carries too many extra lbs.

I'd appreciate your suggestions. I have a gym membership, but don't mind home workouts either.

Thanks!

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    A good thing about a gym membership is that you can try everything or anything out and see what you like.
  • travelgirl96
    Options
    COnsider activities that you liked doing as a kid and you're more prone to engage in them. did you roller skate or dance as a kid? if so, start there......
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! since you have a membership, why not ask what classes they have? try them all at least once! i did this, some i hated and thats ok too but once i found yoga, no one could stop me from going!
  • brooke5285
    brooke5285 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats on doing the Couch to 5k thing. I really want to try it. But right now I am doing P90X and i love it! I am on day 31 and I'm not going to lie its hard work but in the end it really does pay off!! In my first 30 days I have already seen and felt big changes in my body and I love it.
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love the Beachbody at-home workout programs - TurboFire is one of my favorites - if you've done Couch to 5K, you could to that one no problem - It is a grooving fun way to get your sweat on! I've also done Insanity and P90X - which are also hugely effective. Let me know if you need any tips or have questions about those programs.
  • drbaska
    Options
    I love the Beachbody at-home workout programs - TurboFire is one of my favorites - if you've done Couch to 5K, you could to that one no problem - It is a grooving fun way to get your sweat on! I've also done Insanity and P90X - which are also hugely effective. Let me know if you need any tips or have questions about those programs.
  • drbaska
    Options
    P90X is a great program - a body changer for sure! I'm doing Insanity right now - and month 2 is kicking my bootay! My abs are so rock hard from this, P90X and TurboFire, I had to go up to my husband last night and say, "feel this steel honey!" LOL! I can do that, right? I worked hard for them!
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Train for a marathon
  • unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bodypump! See if there's a class at your gym.