Vitamins???

Options
Hi everyone i was just wondering if there are any vitamins or multivitamin that yal take to promote weight loss?

Replies

• Niacin (a form of vitamin B) helps promote metabolism health. I take it every day.... Not for that but it says that its supposed to help with it.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    To promote weight loss? No. To promote general health? Yes. Although I do know there are some studies that point to side effects from multi-vitamins.

As to promoting weight loss; while some research seems to indicate that certain compounds can have some limited effect, there seems to be little solid evidence and usually the documented effects are pretty insignificant.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    From my research, having a balanced nutrition really helps your body fitness level. Think about it, replenishing your vits can give you more energy and help you burn more calories. Another thing to think about though is your true goal. I mean are you only aiming for weight loss or optimal health? Hopefully you picked the latter:) Eat your vitamins!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Taking Vitamin B's and don't know that it helps with weight loss directly but it's definitely giving me an energetic and healthy feeling so I can exercise more and for much longer periods.

Think if there was a weight loss pill no one would be overweight : D
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I take the One A Day energy with EGCG...derived from Green Tea. I didn't notice much of a difference, so finished them and just regular multi now. A friend of mine swears by Bee Pollen. I've never tried it and joke with her about it.
  • kktiny12
    kktiny12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just take Emergen-C 1-3 times a day. It's simple and it gives you the vitamins that you may start to lack when going on a "diet". Yes, eating your vitamins is good but when you have a lower calorie intake even the good calories can add up if you are just trying to meet you vitamin needs. Plus, I feel that I get an extra boost when I take it.