Another new dude.

Options
I am a 41 year old traveling salesman that has gained five pounds per year religiously for the last 21 years. I am tired of carrying this sack of cement above my beltline. I am relatively healthy still and want to keep it that way. I would love to rid myself of blood pressure and triglyceride medicine. I would like to hear from other salesmen that have used this program. I love the fact that it is online, has a support program and is flexible enough that you can put your own meals into the system.
This is my fourth day on the program and I am actually excited everyday to log my calories. I just want to to live a healthy life again. I am not looking to be the skinniest guy on the block(I really find that gross). I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. I think this program is exactly what I needed. There is enough computer interaction to keep me interested and enough flexibility to keep me around. Thank you myfitnesspal and your members, I hope you all start seeing less of me.

Replies

• krichardson50325
    Options
    I am a 41 year old traveling salesman that has gained five pounds per year religiously for the last 21 years. I am tired of carrying this sack of cement above my beltline. I am relatively healthy still and want to keep it that way. I would love to rid myself of blood pressure and triglyceride medicine. I would like to hear from other salesmen that have used this program. I love the fact that it is online, has a support program and is flexible enough that you can put your own meals into the system.
    This is my fourth day on the program and I am actually excited everyday to log my calories. I just want to to live a healthy life again. I am not looking to be the skinniest guy on the block(I really find that gross). I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. I think this program is exactly what I needed. There is enough computer interaction to keep me interested and enough flexibility to keep me around. Thank you myfitnesspal and your members, I hope you all start seeing less of me.
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Hi There and Welcome :) You are going to love it here ;)

I just joined about 2 weeks ago and after losing 130 lbs before on my own, this site is awesome. I wish I would have found it 130 lbs ago ;)

Welcome !!!!
  • Kanderson46
    Options
    THis site is great.........I really like it alot.............:smile:
  • oubeth1
    oubeth1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Welcome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I'm not a salesman, I'm an engineering tech, but I too sit down too much and eat on the run too much and it's not good for you. Congratulations on making the first step.

This is a great site with great tools - you'll like it here. Welcome aboard.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great tool, and a fun place to hang out too! Enjoy!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome :flowerforyou: you are going to love it here!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! :smile:
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Welcome Kricharson!

I have been in sales most of my life and I had the same issues you are fighting. I have lost a lot of weight and have totally gotten off all of my meds. BP and Chl. You can do it! I supply you with a ton of things that I done to get to where I am now. Just click on my icon and I will be more than happy to start sending you all of my resources, tools and programs. But you have done the most important thing already, using this site, and having the desire to change! Great for you! Best wishes and all the help I can give you is offered!

Jeffrey
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!!:happy: