Tired after morning workout?

Options
I always seem to get really tired if I work out in the morning, not right away but around 3:00pm-ish. If I work out in the afternoon I don't feel the need to nap/or actually nap.

When I workout in the morning, I normally work out before breakfast and then eat breakfast.

anyone else like this?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I work out in the morning I am crashing by 9am. I am not a morning person, this likely has something to do with it.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya. I always feel tired after a particularly intense workout in the morning. I ran for 45 minutes at about 6 this morning, and by 3 I was out of it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I always felt great when I was working out in the mornings. I'd get to the gym about 6am (before breakfast) and would drink a protein shake on the way home. Then once my kids were up I'd make breakfast for everyone. I never had a problem with being tired in the afternoons as long as I ate lunch and snacks and kept busy.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I started doing boot camp a few times last week, 6am starts and I never work out in the morning. I always work out after work.. so yeah, I was pretty tired by about 3pm myself! Actually I was tired at about 10am... I drank lots of coffee to get my through the day.

I'm thinking best way to combat it is to try and go to bed as early as possible the night before and get in lots and lots of zz's :)
  • ohmissemily
    ohmissemily Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    yup im the same way. the only good thing that comes out of it is well 2 things, weight loss of course, and you got it out of the way for the day.
  • mgero212
    Options
    I got that have a granola bar in the morning before working out then having a simple breakfast like greek yogurt or an egg white omelet gave me a lot of energy. Protein is what gets me through my day at work, food fuels that body to keep it awake.
  • TheresaKnits
    TheresaKnits Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do you plan snacks into your day? I plan in a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack each day. Usually something high in protein, low in sugar. I also eat back the calories I burn in my workouts, otherwise I just run out of steam. Also, if you're new to exercise, your body may just need some extra rest. Taking a short nap never hurt anyone!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I don't get tired per se, but I get "muscle twitchy" at about 3:00 when I work out in the morning.