fat jeans motivation

Options
rockerbabyy
rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
So, I've been feeling kind of down the last couple days. No reason really, just weather changing and all that crap. I decided to take a picture in my "fat jeans" today to help keep me going.. I had used these as my maternity jeans when i was pregnant, and they became my every day jeans for a while after that (my youngest is 4!). I've been up and down and had to get them out a few times but refused to buy more clothes that size (they're a 24). There was a time I probably should have bought 26s.. these got pretttty tight. highest (non-pregnancy) weight was 280..
SOooooo enough rambling- here it is. (First time posting a pic on the boards - be kind please :( )
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/rockerbabyy/Weight Loss/2011-11-11161451.jpg[/img]

Replies

• ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This is inspiring! I threw my darn fat jeans away the SECOND I got out of them, now I wish I hadn't! Maybe I'll buy a pair in my old size just for the heck of it...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I walked out of my fat jeans yesterday. I wore them because I was painting our bathroom, and they fell completely off my hips and hit the floor.

Congrats girl! :)
  • AlissaB87
    Options
    Very nice!!! Look how far you have come!!!
  • monicabri
    Options
    Be encouraged, keep up the good work. :)

This is what I wrote in my exercise journal tonight after a fight with the treadmill tonight.... " It's not bad if I don't have the motivation, it's only bad if I let the lack of motivation stand in the way. I worked out regardless." ~me 11/11/11

Fight through. You will overcome. :)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Love this, you are doing so well, keep up the good work. I have just stopped wearing my fat jeans and am now in a size down and they are comfy. I have two pairs in the wardrobe that are too tight at the moment but can't wait to get into them. You have inspired me to keep my fat jeans for future reference when I feel I am not doing so well.

• RealMattHopkins
    RealMattHopkins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I was able to go into my old, non-fat jeans this past week and it definitely made my week!
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    This is inspiring! I threw my darn fat jeans away the SECOND I got out of them, now I wish I hadn't! Maybe I'll buy a pair in my old size just for the heck of it...

omg.,, i did the samething with my jeans
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    thanks guys <3
    writing that post also made me realize...I may only be 15lbs down from when I joined here - but overall I'm down 30. Honestly I never considered counting that loss
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ...on a different note... I tried to get into my skinny jeans, just to see how far off I was.... and they split right at one of the belt loops....I guess they weren't ready for me....LOL

(Truthfully, they were extremely worn and years old, so I don't really think it was my hips that split them!)
  • lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fantastic photo! What reminder of your achievement so far. I have kept one pair just as a wee reminder of how things were, and threw the rest out when they started to look like clown pants on me! Since I started this journey, I pop to the local charity store, and buy a pair of jeans a size smaller than I currently take, just to see how far away it is until they fit!! 4 sizes down so far!!!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Great job - keep it up!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!