Buy, Sell, Trade, or Free on MFP- Group

Options
MiniMichelle
MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
Wanted to get an idea as to how many would actually join this group.

It would be kinda be an ebay, amazon, craigslist for MFP...

Get rid of DVD's you no longer use, clothing that’s too big or too small, household items, Video Games.... pretty much anything that can be sold, traded, or given away...

So, would you join??

~Michelle

Replies

• vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Brilliant idea. We all have exercise DVD's etc that just don't suit us - and we're on one income soon so I'd love the opportunity to swap things out :-) *edited for typo!*
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I sure would. I'm a buyer, seller, trader from way back. I don't know about other people. Some people have a thing about marketing of any sort.
  • ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea. I have some DVDs that I don't use anymore that I'm sure someone else could use. It would be great to be able to help someone out who was just starting and didn't have the funds to get different workouts. Or has lost weight and can't really afford the 'inbetween' clothes.

I'm in!
  • meewii
    meewii Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Exactly. I have lots of one or two times used DVDs and all sorts of stuff. I'm sure others do too. And since I review fitness books and products, I have new things I've only reviewed. I'm sure others do too. I think it's a great idea.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Yes, if it used something safe, like paypal
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! :)
  • skyle954
    skyle954 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm all in...
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Definitely, if Mike doesn't mind relaxing the no selling rules for one group.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. Probably need regional groups though to keep shipping costs down.
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good idea ;)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I would join. :)
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    I sent a message to Mike to see if we can "bend" the rules on this one group... we will see what he says.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Please keep me in the loop too!!! Thanks!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the only negativevote, but I'd hate to see this turn into craigslist. If we start there, how soon until commercial entries start appearing?
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Since this would be kept in a group where people would have to join to participate, I'm inclined to allow it, at least for now. For those who don't want to participate, they simply wouldn't join. However, we would not allow people to post links on the main forums into the group, i.e. "Come check out my item in the Buy/Sell/Trade group". All listings would need to be contained within the group and could not be promoted otherwise.

I can't promise we won't change our minds later, but feel free to create the group for now. We'll monitor and see if any issues arise.

Thanks! Hope you are all enjoying MFP.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group if someone sets it up! Please post the link if you do set it up!
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'll join too!
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Alright you guys.

I will get the group set up this weekend.

Going Live on Monday :)
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I can't wait! Looking forward to Monday!