Ugh...Subway's Nutrition Menu

Options
RKA625
RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
Is confusing me!

We're ordering from there tonight because we basically have no food left in the house, so DH is bringing me a sub at work.

Anyway, I am looking on there to find a "low calorie" sub but it's confusin me!

I want a lowfat footlong turkey sub, with yellow mustard instead of mayo, no cheese, but cucumbers, pickles, lettuce and tomato.

http://subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/nutritionlist.aspx?id=sandwich

It says the Footlong Turkey Breast Sandwich has 560 calories in it, anyone have any idea what that includes? What type of bread and what veggies?

At the bottom it says:

"Subs with 6 grams of fat or less include wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, green peppers and olives. All other sandwich values include cheese unless otherwise noted."

So does that mean the foot long turkey sandwich includes the bread, lettuce, tomato and cheese? I just have to add the calories for the yellow mustard? I don't want onions, green peppers or olives.

Replies

• RKA625
    Options
    Is confusing me!

We're ordering from there tonight because we basically have no food left in the house, so DH is bringing me a sub at work.

Anyway, I am looking on there to find a "low calorie" sub but it's confusin me!

I want a lowfat footlong turkey sub, with yellow mustard instead of mayo, no cheese, but cucumbers, pickles, lettuce and tomato.

http://subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/nutritionlist.aspx?id=sandwich

It says the Footlong Turkey Breast Sandwich has 560 calories in it, anyone have any idea what that includes? What type of bread and what veggies?

At the bottom it says:

"Subs with 6 grams of fat or less include wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, green peppers and olives. All other sandwich values include cheese unless otherwise noted."

So does that mean the foot long turkey sandwich includes the bread, lettuce, tomato and cheese? I just have to add the calories for the yellow mustard? I don't want onions, green peppers or olives.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I would guess it's the same as the 6 inch, which doesn't include cheese. So, add the mustard & subtract the veggies you don't want.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    They have nutritional value booklets at the resturaunt...
    Have your hubby pick one up..
    It can tell you all the info you are looking for.
    Also you can call and see if they can fax one or look it up online on their website.
    It does depend on cheese, mayo, oil, olives and those factors....also the type of bread you chose.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that the majority of the calories come from the bread. I usually order a foot long, cut the sandwich in half and place the veggies, meat, etc. on the other half or eat it from a bowl...oh, and I only get salt and pepper and no cheese..

I learned this when I ordered the veggie and it was way too many calories.

Try:

http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNutrition/index.aspx
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Also, their club salads can be really good, and you can toss out the bread calories.
  • jeanineshockley
    jeanineshockley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey you can go on dietfacts.com and then click on subway it will bring up the nutritional guide and tells you what is counted on the sandwich hope it helps I love it..
  • RKA625
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone. I have more than enough cals left today for the foot long sandwich and we have nothing in the house right now for me to snack on or anything, so I'll end up using my cals with the sandwich. Just don't want to go over.

Ok, so according to that site:

Footlong Turkey Breast Sandwich includes Italian or wheat bread, sliced turkey breast, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, green peppers and olives.

So I can take the 560 cals, subtract the peppers, onions and olives (I think only the onions have cals anyway) and add the mustard. I'm going to guess they do 4 tbsps per half, so 20 cals for a footlong and my total for that sub is 580 calories.

Oops, so subtracting the onions, hmmm, I wonder how many servings of onions are in the sub, each serving is 5 cals, so maybe I'll break even by subtracting the onions and adding the mustard.

Right?