Fiber One products

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
What are your thoughts on these various products? I know a lot of people on here don't eat processed foods, so I was just curious about these supposedly healthier processed foods.

Replies

• Amy_B
    Options
    What are your thoughts on these various products? I know a lot of people on here don't eat processed foods, so I was just curious about these supposedly healthier processed foods.
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I recently started trying the Oat bar..it is delicious! Not to mention the fiber content is nice and I have DEFINATELY noticed a change in the last week if you know what I mean :blushing:
  • Copswife0819
    Options
    I like the Fiber One Chewy Bars - Especially the Oats & Strawberry and the Oats & Chocolate!

It's like eating a Candy Bar only WAY healthier!!!!
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I recently started trying the Oat bar..it is delicious! Not to mention the fiber content is nice and I have DEFINATELY noticed a change in the last week if you know what I mean :blushing:
    I love that too. The mocha one is great, but I was wondering if it's something I should continue to buy in my quest to be healthy. I kind of figure it's better than a candy bar.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I have one every day for breakfast. They're awesome!
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have one every day for breakfast. They're awesome!

Me too. My favs are the peanut butter ones. :tongue:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    I totally agree!!! it tastes like you eating a candy bar, but so much better. I love fiber one bars that is my usual snack when I have a sweet tooth. The oats and chocolate and the oats and caramel yummy. I have tried the fiber one pancake mix that is also really good.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The caramel ones are soooo good!!!
    I put them in the freezer! yum!!!
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Mmmm - I LOVE the oat and chocolate ones!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I eat them every day. I have either Fiber One cereal or Kashi cereal for breakfast (it's fast and easy) and I usually have a bar for a snack in the afternoon. I look for healthy and simple to mix in with other stuff. I don't have the time or desire to do homemade foods for everything. My snacks consist of easy things like this: Fiber One bar, Cottage cheese with salsa, string cheese, fruit, turkey pepperoni with a pickle and Laughing Cow cheese, etc. Easy things to grab and go.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    The Chocolate Mocha ones are a little piece of heaven here on earth!!!:love::love:
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I got the fiber one "pop tarts" for my son and they were pretty good.

I do eat processed foods, but we try to stick to healthier stuff too.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    When my boys catch me snacking on the Fiber One cereal with honey clusters, they swarm me like I have a bag of chips on my lap, lol.
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I was curious about this as well.
    I am gearing more towards a "nartural/clean" way of eating, but sometimes I need something quick.
    When looking at the ingredients list some of the stuff didn't sound real natural... but I guess everything has it's place.
  • Laurie061273
    Options
    I actually have 2 of these bars each day. One in the morning either on my way to work or as soon as I get here (I have an early commute) and then again in the afternoon when I have the muchies. When you compare the back of the package to other "snacks", they are a way better choice... not to mention they keep me feeling full longer than a candy bar or chips or well, much of anything else in that size of a package!
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    They are yummie. But in our family they have been renamed "Fiber Fart Bars"!
    :laugh: :noway: :wink: :blushing: :laugh:
  • snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    They are yummie. But in our family they have been renamed "Fiber Fart Bars"!

Yep, same here, but I do like the choc and oats
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    They are really good, but have you read the ingrediants? Like everything else in life, they are good in moderation. They wreck havoc on my system so i gave them up, but they are very tasty as long as you eat them in moderation they are much healthier than a lot of other things.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Although they taste yummy and help with the all-important fiber, they have partially hydrogenated oils and artifical flavor.:grumble: In my attempt to eat clean, I avoid all foods with these things, and also high fructose corn syrup. These things really don't do your body any good. While I do eat some processed foods, I look for the ones that really are all-natural. They're out there. You have to read your labels.:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Blech! I do not get the love for these bars. They are sickly sweet to me. I'd much rather have a Larabar or Pure bar. For lower calories, something from Kashi.

The high fructose corn syrup and similar stuff really turns me off. Then again, I don't like FiberOne in general. I use FiberOne original for making crusts and "fried" coatings, but that's about it.