need low cal FILLING snacks

Options
I am looking for ideas for low cal snacks that I can eat a lot of! I want to be successful howeve I can't be hungry all the time :( I need a good snack for when i'm hungry and not feeling like i can resist the urge to demolish a chocolate bar or something :)

Replies

• sryan8408
    Options
    protein bars. Luna is great. Nutz over chocolate is 190 calories.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    good old carrots, celery, vegies and fruit....or chewing gum :)
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    air popped popcorn!
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    air popped popcorn!

That's what I was just gonna say! My guilty pleasure! Super low-cal!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Clancy's baked potato chips (Aldi's) work for me. 16 chips for 110 calories. Occasionally, I will have two servings throughout the day. I also like the Fit & Active Carmel Mini Rice Cakes (Aldi's) to curb my sweet tooth. Only 60 calories for 8 mini rice cakes.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Yup... carrots are very filling, nutritious, and low calories. Some veggies make me hungry, carrots make me full... and they're cheap.
  • I have never been a yogurt fan, but I am really loving Dannon's Greek Yogurt. It has something like twice the protein of regular yogurt, and it really fills me up!
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Baby Carrots!!!!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    yup.
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    Almonds, (100 calorie packs), Luna mini protein bars, apples, and green tea are great snacks! They taste great and are very filling!
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like lean deli meats with light laughing cow cheese, I think protein helps me to be full and usually a serving of each leaves me at about 100 calories....I also love carrots which are filling.

I also find it helps to drink a lot of water as I'm eating my snack/food. Which makes me feel fuller with less food.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Special K cereal with chocolate....or chocolate cheerios....just a little fill you up, and had the chocolate
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    100 calorie mini bag of popcorn or kettle corn!!! At night I add a glass of wine for between 100-120 calories more!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Fruit and baby carrots are superb
  • TGomo
    TGomo Posts: 35
    Options
    Love chewing gum as well. Buy a lot of different flavors. Sometimes we really aren't hungry, we just want to chew out of old habits. I also split one serving of almonds up in half. It is a quick snack, but great protein and fiber. Also, low fat string cheese or an apple does the trick as well.
  • talithag
    Options
    Popcorn, fiber one bars, grapes, bananas, wheat thins with Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge, sandwich thin with laughing cow a piece of lean ham, rice cakes, 1 flatout flat bread with avocado and turkey...all of those come out to between 100 and 150 calories in the right portions, and they are very satisfying.
  • bjdavid53
    bjdavid53 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like cherry tomatoes or Quaker Crispy Minis or Popchips
  • lorimarie92
    Options
    try baby carrots and if you like ranch dip them in home made ranch dip
    also, your fruit there is a cream cheese dip that is soo tasty!
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    Kale chips. Easy to make and good for you.
    Baked garbanzo beans. You season them and cook them in the oven until crunchy
    Sweet potato chips
    Carrot chips are great too if you have a mandolin to cut them nice and thin and then bake till crunchy.
  • localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1 Low Carb Tortilla (depending on brand can be as low as 50 calories)
    1 tablespoon either hummus, low fat cream cheese, or avocado
    Sliced zucchini strips
    Lettuce
    Any of your favorite veggies, actually

Roll it all up and it's as filling as a meal.
    I'm veggie challenged and it's one the only ways I can eat them raw.