Hi all! New to site in hopes of getting motivated for 2012

Options
I'm in Jacksonille, NC as a transplant from Boulder, CO. If anyone is from Colorado and has seen Jacksonville, NC you are aware of the drastic changes in overall excitement. I went from having tons of choices to keep myself fit and active, to basically kayaking and swimming. Oh how I miss the Rocky Mountains. Anyway, I'm just looking for some friends to help keep me on track and I can't afford to go to any meetings, so thought I'd check the site out. I have a problem staying motivated since my body weight tends to not move, literally. I have been "stuck" for the last 10 years after gaining 60 lbs. on the Depo shot and no matter what I do my weight doesn't move. Now they say it's because I'm insulin resistant and have PCOS, which are both culprits to slow metabolism (and why are they just finding this out now?). I can literally eat anything i want and not gain weight, but I can starve myself and work out excessively and not lose either (even though I lose inches.....and by the way, I don't try and starve myself because I know that's the worst thing you can do when trying to lose weight...it's just what it feels like). Anyway, enough about me....any of ya'll having the same issues? Maybe we can motivate each other :)

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My fitness pal!
  • TristinAlmity
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a transplant from UT to MI so I know all about missing the Rockies!
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! I live in the Front Range of Colorado. I used to live in Cherry Point, NC. So I know how different it is! It will be ok. Best wishes on your journey!
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    Best thing you can do is log everything. And get yourself some friends who will not only support and motivate you but to hold you accountable.
    You can add me if you like.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm in Winston Salem NC. The most I've seen of Colorado is what you can see from the Denver airport, but that was awesome.

Feel free to add me.
  • 70moretogo
    Options
    Hi. I tried this site a long time ago but found myself having trouble finding people who were in the same boat as me. I too have found it difficult to nearly impossible to lose weight over the past couple of years. I am not giving up though. I figured if I could find someone who was in the same boat as me it would be easier to plan meals, stick with exercise plans, and hopefully lose weight. Jacksonville does present a difficult environment to lose weight, especially during the winter months. Hopefully, you would like to combine forces and tackle these remaining pounds. Hope to hear from you soon. Good luck.:smile: