hey cant decide when to weigh in its addicting

Options
so im having a hard time decided if i want to weigh each morning or once a week. its so addicting but i dont want to give my hopes up when i havent lost any thing that next morning.

Replies

• cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    mornings are when I always prefer to do it
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    do it first thing in the morning, before breakfast and you'll get the best result
  • kegonzales
    Options
    Mornings are definitely better. If you weight in every day you might find some fluctuation so if you are okay with this then there is nothing wrong with daily but if you will have set backs from not losing or even gaining then you should weigh in once a week. I prefer once a week because then I get the wow from a higher amount.
  • SheriffJen
    SheriffJen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    weigh every day but only log once a week
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the end of my 7wk of a very strict eating plan, and I am down 16.8 lbs and I was weighing every few days, and seeing the scale go up 1.8 lbs, down .5, etc.. so it was making me crazy. So now I try very hard to only do so once per week, every tho I want to....seems like if you are really keeping things to 1200 or 1300 or whatever your caloric intake is that you should see something every day to say motivated but the body has it;s own thing going on, and it can really be disapointing, so best to just do so once per week.
  • laneysdad
    Options
    I think what she is saying is should she weigh in every morning, even though she will have some days where she goes up or doesnt lose. Or should she weigh in one time a week?? I am on a hard-core diet and I weigh in every morning, can be discouraging but it keeps me honest.
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    see morning is when i usually do it, but the thing is i cant decide if i should weigh in once a day or once a week, i dont want to get upset if i havent lost anything the next morning.
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much everyday, but I only actually log it on Wednesday mornings.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I use to weight 10+ times a day!
    I know how you feel.
    I now only weigh once a week. I log calories here, to keep me honest through the week.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    When you get into the habit of weighing every day it quickly becomes a mind game and causes you to lose motivation. I have been told over and over to only weigh once a week and since I have lost all motivation from doing just that I have got myself a personal trainer and he has forbid me to weigh myself except once a week. I put my scale away and will not weigh again til Wednesday morning.
  • mandag9008
    Options
    i am also on a VERY LOW CALORIE diet. im doing 1200 but am usually under that by atleast 300 if not alot more. my goal is to get back to being 145. I gave up hoping to see it all off in a few months,but i have set brakets to reach each month. exaple at the end of dec i want to be 160. i know that if i do it like this i will feel better and stay modivated. i am 185 at the moment.
  • peaceinside
    Options
    Once a week ONLY for sure!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    see morning is when i usually do it, but the thing is i cant decide if i should weigh in once a day or once a week, i dont want to get upset if i havent lost anything the next morning.

Unfortunately, you WON'T lose every morning. That would not be realistic. There will definitely be fluctuations. Many people can handle the fluctuations, but they drive me crazy so I try my best to only weigh in once a week. Time of day, certain foods, sodium levels, sore muscles, time of month, dehydration...there are so many factors that can contribute to fluctuations that the number can make you go nuts if you become a slave to the scale. Just my opinion though. Definitely don't get discouraged if you don't lose every morning. You won't. Especially as you get closer to goal.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    weigh every day but only log once a week

That is what I do! That way I can judge on how much I can eat, how much water I need and how much exercise I need to stay on track so my official numbers weekly go down.
  • mandag9008
    Options
    i think ive decided to put a lock around the scale lol and once a week weigh in seems to be winning. hopefully those scales at work wont be calling my name tomorrow. :]
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    i think ive decided to put a lock around the scale lol and once a week weigh in seems to be winning. hopefully those scales at work wont be calling my name tomorrow. :]

my husband makes fun of me because I have mine put away in the closet. He doesn't understand haha.
  • akjstyles
    akjstyles Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I try very hard to only weigh in once a week. I find the daily up and down fluctuations so frustrating especially when I have been working so hard.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I love seeing the scale drop numbers but since my weight fluctuates so much every month, I log daily through my drops and every couple days during the gain.

Watching the drops keeps me motivated.
  • mandag9008
    Options
    my hubby laughs at me too when im weighing in the morning hell hear me grumble and start laughing.
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    its best to do once a week girl...if u do it everyday u are looking at disappointment. researchers had even said it's not good to weight yur self everyday...because u are looking at failure on weight loss goals. u would do best once a week or even every two weeks .