What kick started your weightloss journey?

Options
This picture was my motivation. Taken at a wedding in the summer. I had no idea that I was really that big.
ei8goi.jpg

What was yours?

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I've had my fair share of unflattering photos. What really got me started though was seeing friends and acquaintances having success and imagining that if they could do it, I could probably do it too.
  • SarahAlt
    Options
    What kick started mine was seeing a family member in a bikini 3 months after having a baby. She's so fortunate not to have stretch marks or anything. Even after all my weight loss, my stomach is still sagging like an empty bag.... but I won't give up!
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My biggest motivation was last month, I stepped on the scale and it had said I had lost 34 pounds, by just changing my portions since January. I was shocked and decided to incorporate exercise.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    The 20th anniversary of my Dad passing away. I look just like him and don't want the same thing to happen to me.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    My best friend signed me up to run a 5k with her. It took me 49 mins and then I saw the pictures.
    I knew I wanted to be a runner.
    I knew I didn't want to be grossly fat anymore.
  • anadj
    anadj Posts: 9
    Options
    MY DOCTOR TELLING ME LAST WEEK I HAVE HAD A HEART ATTACK AND I HAVE TO GO TAKE A STRESS TEST. THAT WILL GET YOUR ATTENTION. MOTIVATION IN NO PROBLEM NOW!
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    The sudden realization that I was killing myself slowly and I should either hurry up and be done with it or get off my *kitten* and do something about it.

This is after much therapy, some medication and a lot of time spent working on my inner self. Dealing with my emotional issues, addiction to food, mindless eating and the reasons for them. It's hard to lose weight when you don't care if you wake up tomorrow.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Your baby is gorgeous! There's a great motivation for you!
  • anadj
    anadj Posts: 9
    Options
    awesome!
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    I decided to take my life back. It's in my blog since it's a long story but...one day at a time. <3
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Applying for life insurance and having a sub standard rating. Not as big a deal to pay a little more for the insurance but knowing that I had factors that increased my odds of dieing early got my attention.
  • renolizard
    renolizard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also had looked at some pictures of myself and could not believe i had gained so much weight! being over-weight contributes to so many health problems, diabetes, CHF, hypertension, and etc, i just want to live my life to the fullest!
    you are all my inspiration! i love coming on to this website and seing everyone's markers of how much weight they have lost and plan to lose! you are all amazing!
  • renolizard
    renolizard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also had looked at some pictures of myself and could not believe i had gained so much weight! being over-weight contributes to so many health problems, diabetes, CHF, hypertension, and etc, i just want to live my life to the fullest!
    you are all my inspiration! i love coming on to this website and seing everyone's markers of how much weight they have lost and plan to lose! you are all amazing!